Machinery's Handbook

You can download a copy of 26th edition Machinery's Handbook (the workshop bible) from here in PDF format. Beware it is a big file 269mb
so only for broadband users.
http://www.spanburgh.com/files/Machinery 's Handbook 26th Edition.zip
On 4 Mar 2005 02:32:25 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com (bill) wrote:

Proper link is http://www.spanburgh.com/files/Machinery 's%20Handbook%2026th%20Edition.zip
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:13:34 +0000, John Stevenson

1 hour and 20 minutes on broadband.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:12:48 +0000, Prepair Ltd

Looks like there are corrupted sections as well:
CRC failed in MH26\YG.PDF. The file is corrupt CRC failed in MH26\YH.PDF. The file is corrupt CRC failed in MH26\YM.PDF. The file is corrupt
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:23:09 +0000, Prepair Ltd

Those relate to:
Tooling Machining Operations Manufacturing Elements
Respectively
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
Peter, On initial examination, my download unzipped correctly and the few pages I've skimmed seem fine.
Maybe there was a problem with the downloading process? Have you got the latest Adobe Acrobat?
Regards, Arthur G

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 12:39:55 -0000, "Arthur G"

Have you got those missing files?
MH26\YG.PDF MH26\YH.PDF MH26\YM.PDF
Or can you access those sections I mentioned in my last post??
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
Peter, they're on their way, but of course, I forgot that upload speed is half download speed, so it'll be a little while yet :-).
Regards, Arthur G

Hi Peter,
Those sections opend and seem to read OK for me. The files are present in the directory below the one containing HANDBOOK.PDF.
Sounds like your download broke a few bits might be worth re-downloading ? Just call out if you need me to email you a copy :-)
</kidding !>
What an amazing book anyway, I've heard of it before but never seen a copy. What is the latest edition, does anyone know ?
--
Boo

Thanks for the offer! :-))
Looks like my download must have had a glitch, Arthur has sent me the three sections that were corrupted on mine, so should be OK.
Will write it to a CD as soon as it is complete, probably two CD's just to be safe :-))
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
Gentlemen,
Downloaded no problem all there.
Martin P
Prepair Ltd wrote:

someone should mail it to this tw*t
jerry smith snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net
gave me a lot of trouble for even mentioning that you could download it from emule a while back. all the best.mark
Latest edition is 27.
I bought mine (large print edition) from J&L they are cheaper than the book shop by about a tenner.
Sadly I did not know about the free 26th edition on the web. Its a massive book I would not want to print it. The original is 2 1/2" plus thick and the paper is high quality thin stuff too.
Er, well, I'm not too sure that the publisher knows about that either. Not so much free as stolen if we're being technically accurate here, but I'm not about to climb onto any high horse and start lecturing.
Regards
Kevin

Alan Marshall writes ......................

Golly, gosh! That makes my 1942 11th edition look quite a treasure. :)
It is noticeable that half-inch Whit was still 12 TPI even with the restrictions and cut-backs due to the war.
Mike
--
Mike Whittome - Practically an Engineer!
snipped-for-privacy@windling.demon.co.uk

I am still using the 4th Edition (1924) given to me by my Grandfather when I was granted my apprenticship in 1957.
Unfortunately I did not fully appreciate its value and it is now in a sorry state due to my mis-handling.
90%+ is still valid of course and some information is no longer available elsewhere
JG
Neat! I have the 17th edition,purchased at a club auction.
Steve R.

Mike Whittome wrote:

Similarly, a cubic foot still contained 1728 cubic inches...
Tom

7% done and 18m 50S left...
--
Peter Scales

The unfortunate server with this on must be smoking by now :-)
Arthur G
writes