Machinery's Handbook

You can download a copy of 26th edition Machinery's Handbook (the workshop bible) from here in PDF format. Beware it is a big file 269mb so only for broadband users.

's Handbook 26th Edition.zip

Reply to
bill

Proper link is

's%20Handbook%2026th%20Edition.zip

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

1 hour and 20 minutes on broadband.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Looks like there are corrupted sections as well:

CRC failed in MH26\YG.PDF. The file is corrupt CRC failed in MH26\YH.PDF. The file is corrupt CRC failed in MH26\YM.PDF. The file is corrupt

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Those relate to:

Tooling Machining Operations Manufacturing Elements

Respectively

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Peter, On initial examination, my download unzipped correctly and the few pages I've skimmed seem fine.

Maybe there was a problem with the downloading process? Have you got the latest Adobe Acrobat?

Reply to
Arthur G

skimmed seem fine.

latest Adobe Acrobat?

Have you got those missing files?

MH26\YG.PDF MH26\YH.PDF MH26\YM.PDF

Or can you access those sections I mentioned in my last post??

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Peter, they're on their way, but of course, I forgot that upload speed is half download speed, so it'll be a little while yet :-).

skimmed seem fine.

latest Adobe Acrobat?

Reply to
Arthur G

Hi Peter,

Those sections opend and seem to read OK for me. The files are present in the directory below the one containing HANDBOOK.PDF.

Sounds like your download broke a few bits might be worth re-downloading ? Just call out if you need me to email you a copy :-)

What an amazing book anyway, I've heard of it before but never seen a copy. What is the latest edition, does anyone know ?

Reply to
Boo

Thanks for the offer! :-))

Looks like my download must have had a glitch, Arthur has sent me the three sections that were corrupted on mine, so should be OK.

Will write it to a CD as soon as it is complete, probably two CD's just to be safe :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Gentlemen,

Downloaded no problem all there.

Mart> >

Reply to
Campingstoveman

In message , Prepair Ltd writes

7% done and 18m 50S left...
Reply to
Peter Scales

The unfortunate server with this on must be smoking by now :-)

Arthur G

writes

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

someone should mail it to this tw*t

jerry smith snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net

gave me a lot of trouble for even mentioning that you could download it from emule a while back. all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

Latest edition is 27.

I bought mine (large print edition) from J&L they are cheaper than the book shop by about a tenner.

Sadly I did not know about the free 26th edition on the web. Its a massive book I would not want to print it. The original is 2 1/2" plus thick and the paper is high quality thin stuff too.

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Er, well, I'm not too sure that the publisher knows about that either. Not so much free as stolen if we're being technically accurate here, but I'm not about to climb onto any high horse and start lecturing.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

I agree Tom.

Is not exactly cricket that machinery publications have taken standards belonging to various professional bodies from around the world and incorporated into a book for which they demand payment.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I might add that I haven't downloaded it, not thru a holier than thou attitude but more from a point that I paid serious coin, about £80 a few years ago for the first version, 25, on CD.

This was the biggest heap of s**te ever to be released onto the public. To be honest it wasn't worth the plastic it was written on. Using a prehistoric search engine called Dynatext it was slow, couldn't even find what was on the screen and had no control over printouts.

When I contacted machinery press about this crap and asked if we unfortunates would be entitled to a reduced upgrade to V 26 when it came out I was ignored.

From an American publication that is supposed to be the bible on engineering but has never listed the R8 taper specs there are far better publications out there.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Alan Marshall writes ......................

Golly, gosh! That makes my 1942 11th edition look quite a treasure. :)

It is noticeable that half-inch Whit was still 12 TPI even with the restrictions and cut-backs due to the war.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Mike Whittome said

I am still using the 4th Edition (1924) given to me by my Grandfather when I was granted my apprenticship in 1957.

Unfortunately I did not fully appreciate its value and it is now in a sorry state due to my mis-handling.

90%+ is still valid of course and some information is no longer available elsewhere

JG

Reply to
JG