Totally OT - Television

Our little Nokia CRT telly has suddenly lost one colour in a band at the top of the screen, and another at the bottom. This was sudden and it hasn't deteriorated since. My assumption is that the set is now a bin job, but might it be a simple adjustment which has gone wrong? I don't watch it much, but the kids do. Also anyone recently bought a 17" or 19" LCD telly who can comment on, for or against, what they've bought?

Thanks Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Put a strip of Masking tape across to top and bottom of the screen and tell everyone you have a wide screen television ;-)

Reply to
DaveC

In article , DaveC writes >Put a strip of Masking tape across to top and bottom of the screen and >tell everyone on Ebay you have a wide screen television ;-) ^^^^^^^

I fixed your typo. ;^)

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

I like that idea (both versions) ;-)

I'm looking out for a replacement, in the meantime it makes the Beeb's high-tech weather maps much more fun with multicoloured rain

Thanks to all Tim

Tim Leech