Van Dorn Valvemaster- refacer

Just acquired one of the above from the 1950s (serial no. 3 :-). A quick strip shows it to be very well made and eminently restorable. A manual would help me understand some of the more esoteric jigs. Does anyone have one or be prepared to copy one for beer-tokens please?

The machine is that later taken over by B&D and then sold as the "Valve Shop" incorporating the "Master Valve refacer" and "Vibro-Centric" kit for seat grinding.

Offers of stones, guide cleaners, pilots, and stone sleeves also welcome.

thanks

Reply to
Roland Craven

Mmmmm nice Roland, Let me know when you have had enough of it, as I use one at work, but we don't grind valves with it.... BIG GRIN

My new place of work. >

Joules

p.s

We also don't have a manual!!!

Reply to
Joules Beech

Once restored it will be going up to West Wales and given some serious work at

regards Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Sorry I can't help you with a manual, I'd like one myself. I've had one of these machines for 20 odd years since I was seriously into restoring bikes - I even took it home (partly dismantled) on the pillion seat of my Panther! Excellent tool.

Richard

Reply to
Richard