Weep...

At scrapyard just south of Banbury at the weekend and in a large skip were a S&B model A or L (I think) toolroom lathe, a Harrison M series of some type and alongside an Elliot turret vertical mill. All in pretty bad condition, with various extremities smashed off as though they had been dropped with a grab straight into the skip. Loads of usefull parts though and may be worth getting in there before it all disappears.

Also some industrial controll cabinets and managed to liberate a couple of variable speed drives / inverters, but what a waste...

Chris

---------------------- Greenfield Designs Ltd Electronic and Embedded System Design Oxford, England (44) 1865 750 681

Reply to
ChrisQuayle

It is always sad to see a machine go to the scrappers. I wonder if someone with time on his hands like a, pensioner, could work a deal where they watched the incoming materials to the yard and could pay scrap price + some premium to at least strip off the important bits and ebay them.

Wes

Reply to
Wes