Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Aldi Chop Saw - Revisit
Hi chaps, how are they working out in use, please? Reason for asking is they still have a couple in my local Aldi; down to £87 now. Any problems or recommends? Worth it? Thanks. John
4
4

Ultra thin screwdriver - update on Brownells Thin-Bit set
Hi folks, Just to let you know that I solved my ultra thin screwdriver problem. Thanks for all the help. I found a gun tools dealer (Michael Fujiwara of Idaho - let me know if you want his details)...
6
6

Soft Centres supplier ?
Hi, Does anyone know where in the UK I can get an MT3 soft centre for my Boxford ? Thanks,
8
8

OT Yuletide boredom.
The domestic authorities made it very clear that any mention of work-shopping during the hostilities would be frowned upon so on Boxing Day, in a bid to keep my sanity, I commandeered the...

Harrison M300 - Repaint Advice Requested
Happy New Year All! I acquired a Harrison M300 a couple of weeks ago. I have fitted an inverter drive, and checked it out mechanically, it seems fine, if a little noisy when run up to full speed (120%...
1
1

... and a happy new year!
Hi! To all URMEs an ever sharp tool, endless stock, best tools for free and endless time to finish all projects successfully. :-)) No celebration here, I'll continue with my CNC-experiments on the...
1
1

Granite Placemats as Surface Plates
Having recently aquired a 6" optical flat I thought it would be interesting to checkout the granite placemats and chopping boards now stocked by the supermarkets. These are 15 to 20mm thick and small...
6
6

Glass available For Free
We've taken out two largish sheets of glass in the rebuild of the roof and first floor at home, and they'll go to scrap unless anyone can use them? 72" X 36" effective, there's a slanted edge at one...

Any experiences with a TOS FN 40?
Hi! Next Tuesday, I'll have a look at a TOS FN 40, and maybe buy it. So I take the chance to ask wether someone has good or bad experiences with that specific model and where to look at (weak points)?...
16
16

Here we go again...New project...cast iron soldering question
After too long I've kicked off my next project, a slide valve steam engine this time. I need to fit two 1/8 inch copper pipes as drains to the cylinder. For the purposes of the question assume the...
3
3

Welding for the new year
Lidl will have for sale many and much low cost welding gear as of 3rd January Happy Christmas all ............................Leslie -- Posted via - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>

Ironic?
Found this funny but may be old news. A GANG of thieves broke into cashpoint machines using tools paid for by Greater Manchester Police, a court heard.

Christmas
Engineers of all nations My dear wife has interrupted my workshop time (damn cheek!)to tell me that's there's some sort of celebration planned for tomorrow. She also says I should wish all scroats,...
4
4

Small digital calipers
I find digital calipers to be wonderful tools, but the standard 6" version is a bit cumbersome for the small work I do on clocks, the parts I am measuring tending to be less than 5 mm. I have...
17
17