Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

F/S Ridgid Heavy Duty Bar Bender
Hi all, As title suggests I've got a bar bender for sale, pics can be seens here: bend up to 65x6mm flat, 18mm sq mild steel. Asking price is =A3150, collection only. Cheers, Rob
1
1

Question for Clockmakers about oilsinks
I'm just completing my first clock - an 8-day skeleton. I want to make oil sinks for the pivots in the plates, but I have no info about size and shape. Looking at photos of other skeleton clocks, the...
16
16

Clarkson & other bits on ebay
I'm clearing out some stuff I don't think I'll ever use, such as 'other items'. More to follow. Tim

Inserts for Arrand tool 46-006G
The inserts are three point tip side 10 or 10,2 mm 2,5 mm thick, think they are possitive. Do anyone know where I can get some or correct number. Knut Pedersen Bergen Norway
7
7

internal fire
Anyone else likely to be going to Internal Fire's end-of-season day on October 14th? 'cos if so we could meet up, since I will be, other things being equal.
1
1

WTD - source for 3MT indexable face mill
as subject - tia

How to measure/determine gear pressure angle
Is it possible to determine the pressure angle of a gear by simple measurements and if so what do I measure? Its a 24 tooth gear that is missing a few teeth, from measurements of the OD I think it's...
14
14

Modeloy milling chuck
Does anybody know if the company which made these is still in busines as I need some metric collets for my chuck? I've done a search on Google with no success and the web site link have goes nowhere....
4
4

OT. Engineers (daughters) on the move - help needed
A question for all you experienced world travelers. My daughter is about to spend several months in the USA and we have just found out her travel/medical insurance will only cover trips up to a month,...
3
3

Model engineer magazines
Someone has given me a pile of Model engineer magazines but, as I'm in a clutter clearing mood at the moment, I want to get shot of them. You can have them just for the cost of postage. If you have a...
2
2

machine oil
I came to this sight just to find out what tellus 27 was and having read this string I noticed someone mentioned they had a bucket of the stuff for their motor bike forks.I then thought maybe you...
10
10

Cross Feed for Tom Senior E
Cross Feed for Tom Senior E Hallo I do own one of those Tom Senior E Milling Machines. It has a powe cross feed, controlled by a fairly old electronic by a company calle LENZE. That system has failed...
3
3

Thin Tufnol Sheet?
I'm looking for small quantities (say 200x200mm) of 0.5 and 1.5mm Tufnol sheet - probably Carp brand. Ideas anyone, please? (I've Googled and checked Ebay, without much luck) Jim Ford
8
8

Warco Mill
Hi all I am a newbie on this group. Has anyone any experience with the Warco WM-14 Variable Speed Mill. I am considering one but may not be able to get to the Fosse next weekend to have a 'hands on'...
6
6

Uses for old floppy discs?
Is there a better fate for redundant floppy discs than throwing them in the bin? I'm trying to make a bit of space, got things like (most of) Corel Draw 5 on 18 floppies, never used because at that...
29
29