Adding a backshell in Pro/Cable

In creating a flat cable harness to make a drawing of a complete cable assembly how are the connector backshell's placed in Pro/cabling so that they will show up in Harness? I have tried to route the cable thru the backshell and designate the backshell to the flat harness. It will designate the backshell but does not show up in harness. I have also tried creating an in line component and it will not show up. This is in Pro/E wildfire 2.0 date code M200.

Thanks for any help

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've seen a few cable schematics which is what I believe you are talking about when you refer to making a drawing. But I've never seen a backshell or other strain relief represented by more than a part number. I'm not even sure what purpose it would serve or what it would contribute to a wiring diagram. Certainly, such mechanical properties as cable routing, bundle size and minimum bend radiuses, which are of concern in backshell selection, have no place in the schematic. What are your thoughts on this.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes