curve equation editor

Someone else's model. I'm trying to edit a 'curve by equation'

I presume when I try to redefine the curve through the attributes window then notepad should open to edit the equation?

I get a dos style window flash up momentarily but nothing else - any ideas?

Cheers, Sean

Reply to
Sean Kerslake

Greg Ames

Small correction: first make sure the config option relation_file_editor is set to EDITOR not PROTAB. Second, nothing additional is required to launch NOTEPAD. However, if you're lacking an environment variable (path statement) to the directories with CMD.EXE or notepad.exe, they will not launch. Sounds like, Sean, that cmd.exe is launching (DOS window), but notepad is not (or did it possibly pop behind the graphics window; I ask only because of Pro/e's propensity/affinity for popping windows and hiding them behind other windows~try Alt-Tabbing though the windows, see if it's back there, hiding). BTW, I do not even have an option called pro_editor_command in my config.pro and notepad executes fine for equations. However, to get wordpad to execute, I have to add the option Greg mentioned and browse to that directory/executeable. Anyway, it couldn't hurt to have the editor explicitly called out, and definitely, Browse to get the full path into the option setting.

Reply to
David Janes

BTW2, since this is a file from someone else, what're the chances that it has recorded in it, some other application/location from what you're using; again, path statements with full path callout and browse to any application and get full path name into option setting value.

Reply to
David Janes

Thanks chaps.

Should have mentioned I'd sorted the first setting - pro_editor_command

Hadn't come across the second setting - relation_file_editor - this sorted it out

Sean

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Sean Kerslake Dept of Design & Tech Loughborough University LE11 3TU

Reply to
Sean Kerslake