Customizing menus

Anyone know how to edit ProE menus, if it's possible? I don't mean toolbar icons menus. I mean other menus but specifically the filter menu. I never need to select "surface finish", "Gtol" or "Scan Curve" and I'd like to get rid of them. This is one example, I'm sure other ones will pop up in the future.

Reply to
graminator

I guess my questions are too rareified for the common ProE user. Either that or Dave is on vacation ;-)

Reply to
graminator

On Nov 7, 5:22 pm, graminator wrote: > Anyone know how to edit ProE menus, if it's possible? I don't mean > toolbar icons menus. I mean other menus but specifically the filter > menu. I never need to select "surface finish", "Gtol" or "Scan Curve" > and I'd like to get rid of them. This is one example, I'm sure other > ones will pop up in the future.

I guess my questions are too rareified for the common ProE user. Either that or Dave is on vacation ;-)

Hey, sorry guys, Cox Curmugifications kept telling me that the message wasn't sent because the network was unavailable. Who knew they were lying SOBs (or maybe just incompetent and ought to be in government [oh, that's right, telecom, they already are]).

David Janes

Reply to
Janes

On Nov 7, 5:22 pm, graminator wrote: > Anyone know how to edit ProE menus, if it's possible? I don't mean > toolbar icons menus. I mean other menus but specifically the filter > menu. I never need to select "surface finish", "Gtol" or "Scan Curve" > and I'd like to get rid of them. This is one example, I'm sure other > ones will pop up in the future.

I guess my questions are too rareified for the common ProE user. Either that or Dave is on vacation ;-)

ooh, ouch, very provocative. well, graham, i was just holding off telling you the bitter, brutal truth. you ready!?! i doubt it, since aren't you the guy trying to do professional work with foundation disadvantage? but, to your cheapass employers, here's a clue: yer gonna have to spend some money to get the goodies ~ spend for pro/toolkit (not cheap) and spend for a programmer to learn to run it (also not cheap) and do things like modify menus. however, a java plugin might be an option since pro/e and intralink interfaces are heavily java-based and -enabled (still, another programmer the cheapasses don't want to get).

wish i could give you specifics but i don't do either.

janes

Reply to
Janes