Re: Graphic Cards

I would start at this PTC web page listing certified graphics cards. Can't hurt to know what they've tested and approved. The second link is to a page listing decertified cards.

Re: the card you mentioned, nothing on the radar. There are so many cards, so many platforms and configurations, I'd never trust the anecdotal. They all have fans and detractors. You get too easily in the middle of a fans/detractors war.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

I have had good success with a PNY FX1000. No bugs, good speed (I had a Quadro 2 from ELSA before this).

Costs a little more, but does 2056x1536 32 bit 75Hz

If you have the cash, and don't care about a 20Hz refresh rate, you can also do 3840x2400 on an LCD display (that gives you almost 35mm film quality on the display). I think it would be a pain to use however as the slow refresh rate would make raotation etc of the part look very klunky.

However, the monitor could be used at the lower res, and when photorendering gho to the max res.

Reply to
Robert Salasidis