Set up question

HI, I purchased Pro/E 2001 student last year. It works ok on my laptop but I can't get it working right on my desktop (which is where I want to use it). I have a Voodoo 3 video card. with an AMD processor. The program opens, but it won't show me the drawings or the co-ordinate axes. Is anyone aware of any compatiability issues? Or failing that, can someone point me in the direction of a list that might offer some troubleshooting help? I've tried the PTC website but they don't do troubleshooting unless you subscribe. I'm a poor student and can't afford a subscription. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan

Reply to
DRH

I had a similar problem with a Voodoo 3 and an AMD processor. The only way to get Pro-E to work was to change the Video card settings to 256 colors at 800 by

600, save and reboot. It didn't look all that great but at least you could see what was going on. Any higher settings and the part would disapear. Give it a try. Good luck!
Reply to
ROYTK

Thanks for your suggestions. I actually had to change to 16 color 800X600. That got it to work but it's unaccepatable imagewise. At least now I know what the problem is. Now I just have to figure out the cheapest way to solve it. In the mean time I can reinstall it on my laptop.

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
DRH