Start with window Maximized

It irritates me that Proe doesn't fill the screen until you force the window to Maximize. I understand that the space on the right side is left there because menus and junk like to pop up over there. I hate it anyway.

Can I force Proe to open windows Maximized and have the popups just show up over the window?

Reply to
Aggrevated

It irritates me that Proe doesn't fill the screen until you force the window to Maximize. I understand that the space on the right side is left there because menus and junk like to pop up over there. I hate it anyway.

Can I force Proe to open windows Maximized and have the popups just show up over the window?

Sure, buy PTC, fire all the directors, product line managers, and all senior management, then, plunk a $100 million into software development (no bandaids, please, let's just make a workable, user friendly, Inventor-like GUI [and maybe re-write the kernel] so we can easily get some work done.) I can't even imagine, while there's so much cash floating aroung the US, that this hasn't been done before. But, seriously, you'd have to make this a Windows program, which it is NOT!

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Ha. well fine. You don't gotta get all sarcastic :)

Reply to
Aggrevated

Ha. well fine. You don't gotta get all sarcastic :)

Hey, if I can't get sarcastic on Friday (esp about PTC), when can I get sarcastic! And, when it comes to PTC, there's really no limit, so I'm thinking you got lucky I was so RESERVED!!! Friday and all... just workin' with what I got. Hey, everybody, check out WF3, stuff in there you'd a thought would have been in there from the beginning but, it's finally in there. And now they're talking about WF4. I think we need a betting pool on how far PTC can stretch out the Dashboard functionality roll out. I say they can get this to Slowburn 6 or maybe even to BarelyBurningEmber 10. They're definitely milking it for every dime it's worth.

Reply to
David Janes

If you do that then those menus etc will pop to the bottom and you won't be able to get to them. You can't embed them like you can the tree.

Reply to
graminator

try to add in config.pro open_window_maximized yes

tchuss "gram>> It irritates me that Proe doesn't fill the screen until you force the

Reply to
ericus57

Right click on the ProE icon on your desktop to access properties. On the second page labeled 'Shortcuts' choose the option 'Maximised' form the pulldown menu in the last but one field addressed 'Run:' Try this and see if you get ProE to open in a maximized window.

krisofoz

Reply to
krisofoz

"Maximized" doesn't mean the window fills the screen like in most other applications. In ProE it means it fills the screen with the exception of that little bit down the side where the menus go. I had my Uni students doing the same thing when they first ran ProE - they would click the maximize button at the top right corner to fill the screen then wonder why they couldn't see their menus.

Reply to
graminator