wildfire: "select by menu" - " last feat" or "feat number" etc...???

Is there any way to do a "select by menu" - "last feature"?

[I used to have a mapkey which was handy to suppress my way back through my model "last feature" by "last feature".]

The option of right clicking features in the model tree exists, but with delete popping up right beside it, I'd rather not!, plus, my mapkeys were way quicker!

I've also tried the menu mapper...didn't seem to find it.

Mark

Reply to
delete_sonderm

First, why aren't you selecting a range to suppress. The map key pauses for input, give it two numbers. It's got to work 10 times faster than 'last feature', 'last feaure', 'last feaure'......

Second, since insert mode is the equivalent of suppressing features, I always just drag the insert bar in the model tree ~ nothing faster and safer than that. It's one of the handiest things PTC's ever come up with and a change in a graphical direction I like to see a graphical program going in.

I agree, though, that their new select funtion, stripped down, and missing things like range or last feature, is disconcerting. If anyone knows where they hid this stuff, I'd like to hear about it too.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Yeah, I think you're right, picking features in the model tree is the equivalent or replacement for some of the selection methods. But, then, why doesn't it work in the standard GUI way where you pick the first item, go up or down the list, hold the shift key and pick the other terminus of the list to highlight the first, last and everything in between, i.e., a nice, simple GUI 'Range' tool!?!

Reply to
David Janes