Subject Author Posted Replies

Whither "Robot Wars," "BattleBots"
Hi, Are either of these still alive? BattleBots had a few good seasons on Comedy Central, Robot Wars was on PBS then G4. Do they exist on some obscure channel or, in Robot Wars case, on British tele?...
4
4

Servo Question
I love the PC GUI's available for the standard R/C servo applications. Like the Lynxmotion stuff .. Where you can say .. position the servo here .. at this speed etc. anyways ... It would be cool to...
7
7

servos back to back to double strength
I have noticed several hobby/educational type robot arms use 2 servos back to back so that the horns are on the outside and therefore used as a pivot point. I assume this is to more or less double the...
10
10

Interfacing PIC micro and bluetooth
Hello, I am considering to replace my serial cable connection between a PIC micro board and PC. I am wondering that I could use a cheap serial-to-USB converter (one of that used to connect serial...
4
4

Alternative to RTV Rubber for molds ?
I've been experimenting with Alumilite to mold some grippers for my bots. Build the prototypes in plastic - cut it down, drill & file and smooth, etc. Then pour a mold around it using the RTV silicon...
7
7

Who's working on the DARPA Little Dog project
Who's working on the DARPA Little Dog project? I know that Stanford and USC have teams, but who else does? Any private companies? John Nagle Animats
2
2

great bargains at close-out Radio Shacks
This may be old news to some but I thought it worth posting anyway. At least in the Atlanta area, there are several Radio Shacks that are closing down. As a consequence, at some of these closeout...
3
3

Mars Exploration Rover Update - July 14, 2006
UPDATE: Spirit to Get New Robotic Capabilities As Martian Winter Turns to Spring - sol 897-904, July 14, 2006: This week Spirit greeted the 900th day, or sol, of exploration on Mars. Spirit is healthy...

junun.org site ALERT
Hi Paolo from Italy, I'm Randy from Texas. I am not affiliated with but have dealt with them many times, probably half a dozen orders or more over about 5 years now. Other than the PayPal receipts, I...
8
8

Cool "Robot" Picture
Just thought I would post an example of the cool stuff it is possible to work on in the robotics field. This is the Schilling Robotics Ultra Heavy Duty ROV (aka UHD) that I work on every day. I...

Integration of IMU and Odometry on jBot
Howdy, I'm working on a paper describing the integration of an inertial measurement orientation sensor with wheel odometry on my jBot robot. This allows the robot to navigate autonomously on irregular...
5
5

C3088 CMOS Image Sensor Questions?
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase the C3088 CMOS imaging sensor. I plan to interface it with a PIC microcontroller in order to do some image processing on-board my robot. I was wondering if someone...

What would you want in a Tricorder?
->useable and preferably practical. Here's what I have so far... Hey, ignore the realist! I think it sounds like good clean fun! Either for now or later, ideas are; (1) Noise decibel indicator (2)...
4
4

Mars Exploration Rover Update - July 11, 2006
UPDATE: Getting Closer to 'Victoria Crater' - sol 867-871, July 11, 2006: Opportunity is healthy. This week, Opportunity continued uplinking its new flight software load and driving toward "Victoria...

Need ideas for a flywheel-like part
I need a flywheel-like part, and was wondering whether anyone had suggestions on what kind of thing I should be looking for. I've looked briefly through the McMaster-Carr and Stock Drive Products...
13
13