5 inch wheels

Hi all, Could anyone tell me where I can get some five inch wheels. The only ones that I could find on web where 2.25 inches wide and where 25.00 USD
for two. I only need the wheels to be a half or quarter inch wide, I don't want to spend more that 5.00 USD per wheel. Thanks -Kit
Have you checked with your local hobby shop handling off-road model RC cars and airplanes?

only
USD
wide, I

McMaster-Carr and MSC Direct have a large assortment, although the shipping can be pricey (but fast!). http://www.mcmaster.com http://www1.mscdirect.com
You can get some 6" lawn mower wheels at Home Depot & maybe 5 inch ones.
You might also try searching for "caster wheels" in Google and/or eBay.
Good luck ! .
Kit wrote:

Five bucks a wheel for 5" wheels pretty much leaves one option: plastic replacement lawnmower wheels. You can usually get them at a home improvement store. Harbor Freight usually has them, too.
Otherwise, it's the surplus catalogs. If you're lucky.
-- Gordon

only
USD
wide, I

Another thought: "window shop" in somewhere like ToysRUs and you might find a child's toy with suitable wheels where you can scrap the rest of the toy and just use the wheels. I found my favorite wheels so far doing almost that - I noticed the wheels on an electric scooter, then found a replacement parts source for that same model scooter on the web.
Good luck again !
I would be interested to know what that replacement parts source was. I like the look of some of those scooter wheels. -howy

http://www.razorama.com / Keep in mind the pulley is glued to the wheel. It's an HTD 3M pitch pulley. They're great ! JCD

was. I

that
Hay, thanks guys. I got some wheels from one of the local hardware store. 6" but they work and only where 4 dollars. Thanks again -Kit
Can you use these? Four for $8.
http://www.sgaenterprises.com/legostore/items/29.htm