5 inch wheels

Hi all, Could anyone tell me where I can get some five inch wheels. The only ones that I could find on web where 2.25 inches wide and where 25.00 USD for two. I only need the wheels to be a half or quarter inch wide, I don't want to spend more that 5.00 USD per wheel. Thanks

-Kit

Reply to
Kit

Have you checked with your local hobby shop handling off-road model RC cars and airplanes?

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

only

USD

wide, I

McMaster-Carr and MSC Direct have a large assortment, although the shipping can be pricey (but fast!).

You can get some 6" lawn mower wheels at Home Depot & maybe 5 inch ones.

You might also try searching for "caster wheels" in Google and/or eBay.

Good luck ! .

Reply to
pogo

Five bucks a wheel for 5" wheels pretty much leaves one option: plastic replacement lawnmower wheels. You can usually get them at a home improvement store. Harbor Freight usually has them, too.

Otherwise, it's the surplus catalogs. If you're lucky.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

only

USD

wide, I

Another thought: "window shop" in somewhere like ToysRUs and you might find a child's toy with suitable wheels where you can scrap the rest of the toy and just use the wheels. I found my favorite wheels so far doing almost that - I noticed the wheels on an electric scooter, then found a replacement parts source for that same model scooter on the web.

Good luck again !

Reply to
pogo

Can you use these? Four for $8.

Kit wrote:

Reply to
uksavethetrees

I would be interested to know what that replacement parts source was. I like the look of some of those scooter wheels.

-howy

Reply to
howy

in mind the pulley is glued to the wheel. It's an HTD 3M pitch pulley. They're great ! JCD

that

Reply to
pogo

Hay, thanks guys. I got some wheels from one of the local hardware store. 6" but they work and only where 4 dollars. Thanks again

-Kit

Reply to
Kit