a swarm robotic question

i intend to do a swarm robotics project as my final year project. i intend to make atleat 3 such robots capable of colour recognation. what the robots does is that it will find a object(specified by colour ) in an source area . it will attach to the object and pull it . if it moves it s brouht to a target area otherwise it calls another robot , which then hooks into the first. themn bothh pulls togather and the objeject moves. the problem is i havnt got a good idea to do this hooking. whatever i got in my head , like the usual hook methotd will require precise manovering. how can i do it in asimple way. help me

Reply to
kk.mister

Big electromagnet? Push instead of pull? Velcro?

Reply to
D Herring

Continuing with the push idea, the 2nd helper robot could sense the back side of the 1st robot, and push there. Perhaps a particular color light is visible if the helper robot is in line to help push. You may need a very complient front, so that the pushing is more even.

Joe Dunfee

Reply to
cadcoke4

Reply to
vinay

EVERY colour is identified by a particukar wavelength/frequecy of light.If robot can measure it with a signalling device it can bring robot to motion for next operation.

Reply to
vinay