How many g's can a typical circuit board withstand?

So it's OK to kill innocent people, but not OK to cause you offence?
What a strange morality you have.
Self-indulgent emotions such as the taking of offence
are gone in a few minutes. Death is somewhat more permanent.
Where am I from? I am from the Human Race, a race that bleeds easily and objects to being burnt to death because someone unconnected with me has different politics to someone else unconnected with me.
This is not a NG controlled by the military ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H murdering hypocrites; let us create our robots for the positive benefit of the Human Race!
wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
It's interesting that you will not say where you are from.
Since you didn't understand the depth of my comment I will expand.
By "ignorant" I meant that the comment you made is ignorant of all the issues and realities at play in the world, both from a historical and current perspective. It is also ignorant because the effects of September 11th. are still being felt worldwide and affected people of all races to the tune of hundreds or thousands, not the few thousand that died due to the attacks.
Ignorant because it is a prevalent (foreign) point of view that minimizes the world to the United States on one side and everyone else on the other. Ignorant because it proves a lack of understanding of what freedom means (not just US freedom, but in general) and what it takes to obtain, secure and maintain it. Ignorant because you directly equated the unfortunate (and, yes, unnecesary) deaths of people (in Iraq, I presume) to freedom in the United States. That's truly ignorant.
And, while this isn't en exhaustive list at all, ignorant because you don't seem to understand that humanity still has a long way to evolve until violence, death, war, murder and all sorts of unfortunate and barbaric methods of conflict resolution are erradicated from our very DNA. This is a species that has had many GENOCIDEs in recent history, resulting in millions upon millions of people dead. How much of that history do you want repeated? It takes a great deal of intestinal fortitude, determination and, yes, today, sophisticated and powerful weapons to ensure that the thugs on this planet don't take us back to the stone age. It might get uglier before it gets better ... but it will get better.
I said "offensive" because voicing such strong opinions based on the level of ignorance you display can only be characterized as such in the context of a polite conversation. I can think of better ways to describe it, but that would bring this down to your level.
It is also offensive because those of us in the US do not want war, do not want innocent people killed (anywhere) and do not want to have to be a police force to the world. But for one reason or another we are in the situation we are. And we devote a great deal of our tax dollars to protect, educate, liberate and assist all sorts of people all over the world. I don't think there is one nation on this planet that provides so much aid to others as this country. So, yes, my quick-to-reach-conclusions-friend, it is offensive. I rather not have anything to do with death and destruction. I rather have my money go towards educating my children and my neighbor's children instead of buying bullets to go hunt down Saddam or Bin Laden or a sect of brainwashed idiots willing to pile an airliner full on innocent people into a building.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
No. You are wrong in your opening statement.
I did not read further.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Airy R Bean wrote:

------------------------ That's because you're a deluded brainless little shit. Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Airy R Bean wrote:

--------------------------- They already caused "offence", British Twit, now it's OUR turn! God help them DIE!
A nation or culture is responsible for its effectsright down to its INFANTS!

------------------------------ Evil must be killed by Good, obviously.

--------------------------- Excellent.
------------------------------- Their politics were wrong, and Evil, even to themselves. The whole world must be freeed from the Yoke!

-------------------------------- Let's create robots who read minds and hunt down mentally defective cretins like you and drag you out to the curb by the scruff of your shitty little pacifistic neck and shoot you through the head and leave you for the garbage! -Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Grow up, OM

pacifistic neck
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Especially for the innocents whose blood Yank "Freedom" is grounded on - a bit like the poor wretches who were buried under the foundation stones of buildings.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
We should never forget those murdering hypocrites who, knowing that killing their fellow humans is wrong, set out to go around the World deliberately to kill their fellow humans. That they got killed themselves is social justice. The Yanks currently being killed in Iraq are an example of such hypocrites receiving their just deserts.

well
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Gentleman
I recognise this literary style, we are obviously communicating with a Thrall from planet Zog. Do try not to alarm him as he may be willing to trade his advanced technology for cheap ballpoint pens and week old peach flavoured yoghurt.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Grow up, OM.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why? What right do you have to pass judgement? Good and Evil is a matter of opinion, not absolute fact. And what causes people to be "evil" in the first place? Often it's mental damage. Often it's an incompetent, neglected or abusive upbringing. Every mind has the potential to become well-adjusted and to contribute positively to society. If, however, it is damaged or restricted in it's development, it may become prone to selfish, malicious or just plain deranged actions ("evil"). By your reasoning, they should at this point be immediately terminated, but this is simply a continuaton (and finalisation) of the damage (and hence cruelty) that has caused the maladjustment of that mind in the first place. All possible effort should instead be made to repair the damage, and hence benefit society by increasing the number of positive contributors.
As for the rest of your post (which is too long and incoherent to bother quoting):
You have no right to decide what things people should believe, religious or political. It is for them, and them alone, to decide. I agree religions should not be forced upon people (which some cultures do have a tendency to do), but banning organised religions altogether would accomplish nothing. The one thing I think absolutely must be done is the dissociation of religion, politics and law. If the legal system and government of a country are based upon religion, it means first that people of a differing faith (not necessarily a different religion, but a different branch of the same religion) will not recognise the authority of that state over them and be less inclined to conform to the laws of that country, and second, it stifles the democratic process, as if a majority supported a motion in conflict with religion, conflict would start between them.
You also mentioned how great democracy is. I've got news for you, Stevie-boy. In a democracy, you have to respect and consider (i.e. not abuse, insult, ignore or condemn) the rights and opinions of EVERYONE, not just the people you happen to agree with. That includes people with religious or political beliefs that you personally don't like.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:21:22 +0100, "Tom McEwan"

Ever since Gog realized that throwing a heavy stone meant he didn't need to get within reach of Magog to plonk him, destruction at a distance has been part of the human toolkit. There's no way to opt out.
Improved precision at least more closely couples intent with result. Not having access to precise targeting/aiming technology just means that more ordnance is dispersed over a wider area in order to achieve the objective.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
That's a good point - nothing seems to advance technology faster than the military (though I think the computer game industry gave them some tough competition for a while!). Watched a big documentary series about a year ago, and it mentioned the fact that, without the technology for boring gun barrels developed centuries earlier, they would never have been able to build the cylinders for the steam engines that powered the Industrial Revolution.
Tom

they
process?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Damn, I've done it again. A single moment of philosophical thought sparks a massive round of mud-slinging. At least we haven't quite got a massive flame war yet, although ignition doesn't seem that far away...
Tom
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Ignition won't come from we pacifists; but possibly from the warmongers who desperately seek justification and forgiveness for their acts of murder.

a
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
"Airy R Bean" wrote:
...

...
I find that the whole "pacifist" thing breaks down real fast (and, of course, there are exceptions) when you bring the issue down to the most basic atom of human interaction: two people. Hopefully this won't happen to you ever. It happened to me. Imagine finding yourself in front of another human being who has a knife aimed at your heart. He will kill you, whether you give him your wallet or not. Imagine if your family and kids are there too. Now, use your pacifist mojo to get out of that one. Now multiply that by thousands and thousands of people. Big problem, right? I'm not making light of it. It's a horrible situation to be in.
War is a horrid, despicable, disgusting affair. I don't like it. I don't want it. But I do understand that humankind has a long way to go before it will be erradicated. I don't have all the answers, I wish I did.
The pacifist movement has a purpose. It should be supported and respected. However, and this is critical, you must understand that FOR YOU TO BE ABLE TO HAVE THE VERY FREEDOM TO BE A PACIFIST SOMEONE HAD TO FIGHT FOR IT.
That's the irony. The very existance of a pacifist movement required millions of people to fight and die throughout history for our current world order to provide the option and freedom to say that you don't want war. Funny how things work, isn't it?
Go back in history and read-up on the various revolutions and wars that shaped the world we live in today. The real question is: Had you been born 100, 200 or 500 years ago, would you be willing to fight, put down your life, kill or be killed so that those in your future may have the option, freedom and opportunity to say "enough is enough"?
Be a pacifist. That's great. But not at the exclusion of reality. That will take a long, long time to change. And, by the way, I sincerely hope that your guys win.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Martin Euredjian
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I say we build a gun that shoots pacifists, not as targets, but as ammo! Kind of like those giant air powered pumpkin launchers. It could be an international competition, but it should be held in the UK. That way we can shoot them over the channel where they belong, in France!
Game on!
--
Shawn

"Martin Euredjian" <0_0_0_0 snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net> wrote in message
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Airy R Bean wrote:

---------------- Good, you'll be easier to kill. -Steve
--
-Steve Walz snipped-for-privacy@armory.com ftp://ftp.armory.com/pub/user/rstevew
Electronics Site!! 1000's of Files and Dirs!! With Schematics Galore!!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 13:31:27 -0400, Gordon McComb wrote:

Well, like I mentioned, I'm thinking they are actually using my boards as rapid prototype boards so that they can develop the software for reading and processing their sensor data, etc. I do believe that they will make their own custom boards to their stringent MIL specs.
Actually, a number of my customers have used by boards in this way - they'll pick up a couple of my boards for early development, which saves time in the software development phase since they have a platform to work from while testing out code, etc, and in the meantime they may be developing their own custom boards for higher production quantities, or to fit their own unique enclosure, etc.

Nope, just a few ... for now :-)
Cheers, -Brian
--
Brian Dean, snipped-for-privacy@bdmicro.com
BDMICRO - Maker of the MAVRIC ATmega128 Dev Board
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
If they immerse it in a non conductive oil type liquid, it will withstand pretty much anything, assuming you do not use components with large voids.. Klaus PS: Sorry about the top post, but I am responding to the SUBJECT LINE.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Polytechforum.com is a website by engineers for engineers. It is not affiliated with any of manufacturers or vendors discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.