Looking for sources of low cost NEMA size 17 bipoloar stepper motors

Hello,
We are looking for sources where one can purchase NEMA size 17 stepper motors. The motors should be bipolar, however we are open to the
possibility of using unipolar motors. We are looking to spend $25-50 max per motor. We are also looking for motors that are high torque, in the order of 100 oz-in miminum holding torque, but closer to 150oz- in would be better.
Can someone point me to a manufacturer, distributor or surplus outlet for these?
Thanks Mike McWhinney
eljainc wrote:

Mike:
    If you don't get a response, try asking your question at:
http://www.cnczone.com /
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Have you looked on Ebay?
greg
eljainc wrote:

C & H Sales, Herbach and Rademan, Burden's Surplus Center, Mpja.com, All Electronics.
These are surplus mail order outfits and generally have the smaller size 17 steppers, and for much less than your budget. These would be either bipolar or unipolar, and the unipolars you can drive in bipolar mode. For the torque look at the drive voltage and current.
-- Gordon

Site Timeline