Re: FLL Lego Robotics RCX sensors motors IR solar on eBay auctions

Watch out!

This seller is misleading. He only sells one part but is not very clear in his photo's and discription about it.

Only sells an RSX nothing more. Due to telling what one can do and changing colors one can easily be distracted and place a quick ending bid, way to high. It's not a upgrade for your old RSX, that you can simply download legally for free from the lego site so your RSX 1.0 works like an 2.0.

So watch out if you want to buy something from him. Also look at the shipping, insurance is separated but Requierd.

> > Will ship intl from USA. >
Reply to
Wouter

Not sure how much English you master, Wouter...

I have read the description you are talking about and it says clearly in the first line:

"LATEST HARDWARE VERSION FROM LEGO FOR THEIR MINDSTORMS ROBOTICS INVENTION SYSTEM RCX UNIT - VERSION 2.0"

with RCX UNIT in bigger letters than the others. Plus, there is a second photo of the RCX unit and a note:

"PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE ITEM AUCTIONED HERE IS THE LATEST HARDWARE VERSION OF THE RCX UNIT 2.0 (YELLOW MICROCOMPUTER AT THE CORE OF ANY ROBOTICS INVENTION SYSTEM) AND NOT THE ASSEMBLED DOG "

Maybe the note should be also at the beginning, but unless you are very bad at English, things look pretty clear to me.

Stones

Same here:

Because of the red color and the not related to the item green text before it, people would think of an standard disclaimer and not read it. And stard reading again the next line "You bid.."

The underlined parts are not clickable.

Then again, people will read the green line and other colored text under the "Save BIG" because that line assumes that you will save on what is mentioned below. So that it's included, how else can you save on them?

And what does Norton Ghost has to do with? So yes, the seller is trying to disorient people and sell stuff he does not sell.

Wouter

It certainly is gibberish. How is it his feedback is so good?

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Berkson

He has a lot "As advertized" feedback. So people receive the stuff, think.. this isn't what I ordered, then read the auction again and think "as advertized". And he seem to ship fast and replies quick. And gives a refund if you do not receive your order.

Wouter

I don't think he's *trying* to be deceitful, as his feedback shows some customer care. But personally I avoid the type of auction where the text is in garish colors, uses template text from a bunch of other auctions, and *especially* where the picture does not accurately represent what is being sold. It's easy enough to take a picture (or find one) of an bare RCX, an no reason whatsoever to use a picture of a LEGO parts set he is not selling. He *should* be able to sell an RCX for $70. The fact that as of this posting he doesn't have a single bit at $62 -- and there are RCX's going for this and more -- shows his approach needs to be rethought.

-- Gordon

PS: I've cut out all the cross-posted crap. Why do people still insist on cross-posting, ADS no less, to a half-dozen groups.

Wouter wrote:

Gordon McComb