Trademarking questions ... for those of you who have done it !

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 02:13:19 -0500, "Pogo"

redefine what I want to do with regards to this issue. Many thanks as always! I definitely feel more enlightened about the subject!

Be sure to read everything of relevance here:
http://uspto.gov /
I've never got a trademark and haven't read that site on trademarks, but at least the copyright site (copyright.gov) has good explanations of the laws in plain English. But each area of IP law appears to be its own universe, with probably nothing in any area applicable to the others. Probably one of the best things you can do when you do get to the point of hiring a lawyer is to already know as much about the topic as you reasonably can. Don't just get "a book" on trademarks, get as many as you can afford (and of the latest editions) and as many as you have time to read.
Don Lancaster may have written something about trademarks. He has written several articles on patents, saying they're only useful for big companies who have millions to defend them. His site is: http://tinaja.com
Trademarks are surely not as bad, but still, for big companies with lots of lawyers, they can be a, ahem, Monster...

It's the same problem as asking the mechanic if you need your car fixed: you have to hope you're dealing with somebody who is honest, and leave if you get a bad feeling.