Trademarking questions ... for those of you who have done it !

John is correct that it's not legit to claim a mark, patent, or patent pending unless it's actually so. I am also sure a lot of people use these ruses and risk the penalties, as they are a pittance compared to the potenbtial benefit.

While I certainly advise reading up on the subject, doing your own research, etc., I also recommend using an attorney to file patents AND trademarks. The trademark search lists the attorney of record. Frankly, if I saw WidgetsRUs (or whatever) was self-filed, I would pretty much guess the person has neither the resources nor the inclination to litigate an infringement. When it has a lawyer's name there it lends credence that the claimant means business.

-- Gordon

Reply to
Gordon McComb

I *was* aware of that little tidbit, but good to point out, = none-the-less. =20

Now *that* is a really good point! Thanks yet again.

Well, time to let some of the words from this thread sink in, gel for a = while, and see what happens.

Thanks again to everyone. JCD

Reply to
Pogo