Subject Author Posted Replies

Does coax or ethernet leak under water pressure?
Looking for ways to run signals& power to from a low cost ROV operating in less than 100 ft. of fresh lake water. My main concern is leaks in the cable causing shorts. Has anyone actually tried...
5
5

removable potting compound ?
Is there such a thing as a removable potting compound of the type used = in electronics?=20 I'm looking for something to secure wires and/or screw settings against = vibration and strain but that can...
11
11

ECAL2007 deadline exteansion
ECAL2007 - 9th European Conference on Artificial Life ***************************************************** In response to many requests received by the OC, we are glad to announce that the deadline...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 27, 2007
UPDATE: Opportunity Begins Imaging of 'Cape of Good Hope' - sol 1118-1125, March 27, 2007: Opportunity is healthy and making progress on the imaging campaign of "Cape St. Vincent." On Sol 1116,...

Mars Exploration Rover Update - March 23, 2007
UPDATE: Spirit Studies Rocks in Vicinity of "Home Plate" - sol 1141-1144, March 23, 2007: Spirit remains healthy and spent much of the week studying a new rock target on "Mitcheltree Ridge" called...

[PC-A]<--->[Mobile Phone-A] <- - - - - - -> [Mobile Phone-B] <--->[PC-B]
Hey, I want to send and receive shot text (and if possible, binary) data between two PCs. The link between PCs will be low-cost off the shelf mobile phones (may be from second hand stores)....
1
1

Encoder+GearBox+High Efficiency Small DC Motors perfect for precise, small mobile robots
Hi, I have a few assemblies containing High Efficiency DC motors w built- in encoders and built-in gear boxes. They are perfect for small/mini/micro table-top teams/societies of mobile robots. Posted...

Biped project
If anyone is interested, This is what I have been working on last year-The saga continues into this year also, I am still tying up a few loose ends. I know many here dont give a hoot about humanoids...
7
7

Where are the ACTIVE robot discussion groups?
I find this discussion group to be informative but very slow. Since I assume that there are other more active discussion groups, where are the ones that you visit? Links please. Thanks TMT
10
10

self promotion on this newsgroup ?
What's the generally accepted practice for self promotion on this = newsgroup ? As in I hope to "unveil" my website soon where I offer some kits. I was = thinking of maybe just one single "formal"...
7
7

Robot programming in Lisp/Scheme
I would like to be able to build a robot from a kit that I can program using Lisp or Scheme (i.e. a mobile, autonomous bot). The options I'm aware of currently are: 1) XS Lisp for Lego MindStorms...
7
7

new to robotics
What are the best books and/or places to get started with robotics? I will be taking courses at school soon, but I want to start teaching myself in the meantime. Where do I start?
13
13

Home build RDF (Radio Direction Finder) for indoor-outdoor mobile robots
Do you know any one or URL that explain how to build RDF (Radio Direction Finder) for indoor-outdoor mobile robot localization? Roberto

Any Robot Platforms?
Are there any robot platforms such as the Sony robot or Honda Asimo that can be purchased for programming & experimentation. These would have the flexability to have programs added to them & some...
10
10

Drive robot with internet
Hi Phil, I have find a Web site that allows to drive equipements from my PC with Internet connection. It's amazing you can see the movements of the robots with thier IP camera If you want try it go to...