ANNOUNCING NARAM-46

Let's see - assuming a triangle, 11 ft x 7 ft / 2 = 77/2 = 38.5 ft^2 ... so at 12 pounds we're looking at less than 1/3 pound per square foot wing loading.

That _is_ light.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

A good comparison is Gassaway's full stack shuttle. This was his goal for as long as I've known him. But it took him over two decades to get there. George is a modeller who works slowly, tests out ideas one at a time. He didn't just build the thing the first time he thought of it and crash it in public. 4 times.

Reply to
GCGassaway

George,

Next time you fly it at Ardmore, please give some advanced notice. I want to come and film it. : )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I don't know. However, drinking is said to be the study of the flow of perfect fluids. The optimal thrust problem is an example of sigular arc control. The sustain thrust arc keeps the states on a singular hypersurface.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

  1. What is the optimum motor for the Shuttle?
  2. Did you ever try failsafe Sentra SRB style pod mechanisms?

Jerry

Trying to be civil AND on topic and [not pol].

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh I will....but I have to concentrate on my employment situation instead of rockets for right now :( My contract ends at the end of August and the job market up here in MN sucks. Can't even get a McJob or work temp at the state fair.

Once the employment situation improves I'll put that project back on the front burner.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

So in other words, being a USR motor dealer is better than any available option? Cool.

The benefits certainly rock. A lot.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

As I said before, I have no desire to repeat your failed experiments. You want a challenge? Build an L3 Happy Meal!

Bob Kaplow

David Weinshenker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Wing loading is not the issue for the ballistics of boost and coast prior to transition to glide. Thrust to weight is, and total impulse to weight. These determine the altitude and velocity at transition, and stability and resistance to flight path perturbation.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

(stuff deleted)

R.M.R cracks me up! George, do you even realize that Bob Kaplow was paying you a compliment with that post? He wasn't denegrating your efforts or minimizing your trial and error in any way.

Man, you could get get into a shooting war about whether body tube spirals should be clockwise or counter-clockwise on this news group. And I bet it would start with a knock-down drag-out about how to define which is which.

Peter Alway

Reply to
PeteAlway

Welcome to the George Gassaway universe. Just be glad he is fixated on myself and Bob and not you. It is bad. And highly irrational.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Going up, or coming down? As seen from above, or below?

Reply to
BB

Neither.... spirals should be filled.

With epoxy.

Reply to
BB

Me too!

I thought that's what he was doing. Paying him a compliment.

No doubt.

Or what is, is,.... OR what the Constitution says which, which , is, is. (ouch! brain cramp)

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Are you looking from the inside of the tube, or the outside???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

"BB" wrote in news:b4P0b.16450$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc02.gnilink.net:

You mean from the leftist perspective, or the rightist perspective.

I think for best performance they need to go one way in the Northern hemisphere amd the other way in the Southern hemisphere.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

David Erbas-White wrote in news:lMP0b.11527$nf3.7459 @fed1read07:

Maybe if they were made at the poles, there'd be no seam?

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Of course he doesn't. He's George. And yes, I was complimenting him on all his work. George and Chris are VERY different modellers. George has patience when it comes to his work, and realistic expectations of what will work and what won't. Chris does not.

Well, that would depend on whether you're in the northern or southern hemisphere :-)

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

That's what BT-30 was for...

-dave w