ANNOUNCING NARAM-46

Instant gratificaton and success.

As a manufacturer suggesting that for all, increases the average sales ticket, whether or not it is optimum for each individual.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ah, that's your problem. You used an old version of Rocksim.

I'm thinking of launching an actual barn door. It's a little heavy, but I figure with my skills, it will overcome the laws of physics. ;)

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

I thought you were changing from 1.375" foam to 1.0" foam. That's not half the thickness. What are the actual thicknesses of the old and new versions?

You can't do that, as I90+H128 is 671 NS and a J class. You have to fly

160.1-640.0 NS for L1 cert.

Still waiting for the answer to this one?

Bob Kaplow

That would further reduce the altitude, and how much lift is that airfoil gonna give. He's still at terminal velocity due to the drag.

Could a hybrid work in a flat glide? Doesn't its thrust provide an "artificial gravity" to keep the N2O settled? of course this wouldn't work at terminal velocity :-(

Chris???

Yea. But they are based on a typical 3fnc rocket. Not a monster glider.

So lets go back to the other rule of thumb: 5:1 T/W ratio at liftoff. Let's be generous and cut it back to 3:1 since this is radio controlled. FOr an I90 this is still 4.1#. Even at 2:1 it's 6.9#. And Chris is aiming for a liftoff weight of 10#. With 300g more motor mass than the cluster he used the first time.

I'm still thinking the I195 might make a better motor choice for Grrr. At

3:1 it can lift 16.4#.

Bob Kaplow

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

The "effective gravity" vector is the vector sum of the acceleration vector along the thrust axis and the acceleration due to gravity (i.e., toward the center of the Earth). So unless the former is much greater than the latter, the tank is still going to "feel" as if it's tilted.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

George, you are a flat out

L IIIIIII AAA RRRRRRR X L I A A R R X L I A A R R X L I AAAAAAAAA AAAAAAA X L I A A R R X L I A A R R LLLLLLL IIIIIII A A R R @

and you know it. None of the above is true. I inherited YOUR mess. I inherited your committee. I even inherited YOU. But I never got half the material you were supposed to send me. Still haven't. The Contest Board and BOT told me how I had to do things with regional committees. It certainly wasn't my choice, and you now that too. No one outside the committee I was part of cooperated. The BOT ground rules and lack of cooperation from the rest of the committee led to the wacky voting process I had to administer.

The BOT also gave us some directives. Among them were to simplify competition, and to reduce the number of flights necessary for competition, and thus the cost. You may recall how the rules were screwed aroudn with after the process, it suddenly doubled the number of flights that needed to be made at a contest, and we had all the repercussions of that problem to deal with. This wasn't the only problem created by the revisions revisions, bit ti was the most notable. The end result is that competition is no easier than it was before. Thank you very much Mr George Fat Ass Gassaway for seeing to that.

And you know damn well that Jerry Irvine had nothing to do with this. Yet you drag him into het another discussion he's not part of.

Why don't YOU ask him. He didn't allow me do do it. He (and the BOT) FORCED me to do it. It certainly wasn't my idea. I wasn't given any choice. And it wasn't you that got the short vote as a result, it was ME. Got that? ME!

Absolutely not true! I threw out nothing. I took EVERYTHING that you sent me from your committee. Of course half of it was never sent to me, so it couldn't very well be included. I did the best I could, with the help of some of the committee members to reconstruct the missing materials.

The only committee members who had their votes castrated were ME and the folks in my group. YOUR stupid fat ass carried more weight in the voting process than I ever had.

Conveniently, I've still got about half the material from the revision. Bunny asked for the 2 binders I had, and and one of them got lost when he moved shortly thereafter. I eventually got the other one back. And I've got the final revision document with the survey and vote totals. Care to come and review the actual vote totals from the process that you claim I rigged. You can come over any time and read them onthe front lawn. Because in 40 years of rocketry, you're one of only a handful of people I've met I wouldn't let inside my front door. I'll let any one else interested have a look too, and maybe even a tour of "Bob's Hobby Shop and Rocket Museum"

BULL SHIT! YOU George Fat Ass Gassaway (and sometimes Dan Domina and perhaps one other person) were the folks that had the power votes, as you were the only ones who bothered to vote from your regions. While you and Dan got one vote each, I got 1/6 of a vote. Which usually meant I got NONE. I always held the meetings we were directed to hold, and usually got outvoted by the folks in my group.

You also forget that during the revision process I distributed and collected nearly 100 surveys from competitors across the country. I tabulated them and saw what the MEMBERS wanted. I think I still have those results. When I voted, I voted for the MEMBERS. When you voted you voted for ONE FAT ASSHOLE IN ALABAMA and no one else.

One more time Bozo. I RAN THE THING THE WAY I WAS DIRECTED. IT WAS NOT MY CHOICE. GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? TAKE IT UP WITH PAT MILLER, BUNNY, ET AL.

And all of this would have never happened had you not dropped the ball the first time you came to a question everybody didn't agree on.

Fliers didn't reject the revision. A few noisy ones did. You may not have been the #1 noise maker, but you certainly stood wit them. And you were part of the group that cut off the discussion without allowing me to respond to it. Those folks that did so should have been castrated on the spot.

You know, what I should have done, was dollow the directives I got just a bit more closely. I was told that the discussion and voting had to occur in regional committees. I should have simply INGORED the votes form any region that didn't have a face to face meeting to discuss the questions on each ballot. That would have disinfranchised every ne on the comittee outside of the Chicago area. But still would have left me outvoted by the Chicago folks half the time. But I didn't do that. I went through great pains to take multiple ballots from each region, average them into a regional ballot, then count those votes.

BTW, I've taken the last RMR post I wrote on this topic, dating from perhaps eight years ago, and put it on the net. You can read it at

Meanwhile, let me repeat what I posted yesterday, and ~8 years ago:

******************************************* ******************************************* ******************************************* *** *** *** NEVER BE AN NAR VOLUNTEER! *** *** *** ******************************************* ******************************************* *******************************************

Someone like George will come along and stab you in the back if you do.

Jerry Irvine got 2 votes in the Trustee election at NARAM this summer. Not from me. But I promise everyone that if George runs again, and there are only

3 names to cast 3 votes for, I WILL write in JERRY IRVINE before I ever vote for Geroge Gassaway for anything. Hell, I'll write in CHRIS TAYLOR before I'd vote for George.

Bob Kaplow NAR # "Impeach Gassaway" TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Then why ever give him traction when he criticizes me on the same basis. You should pick your fights better?

He is fixated on me and now you have firm evidence no topic is too far afield to drag me in on. Literally. I might as well have started the civil war in George's mind.

Here, here.

Just curious, is "YOUR stupid fat ass" a technical term?

I'll be honest. I don't balme you.

Quick before the homeland security raid. No douby initiated by a call from gasaholic himself "to save the chillen".

Just curious, is "YOU George Fat Ass Gassaway" a technical term?

Just curious, is "ONE FAT ASSHOLE IN ALABAMA" a technical term?

Abd do you have a copy of my survey response? Feel free to post it.

At least he has one :)

I agree fully. And even if you don't.

News to me. Can I frame them? Bunny (warmfurrybunnyrabbit) ?

That is saying alot :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Did Putney Swope get any votes?

-Shread "How many syllables Mario?" Vector NRA #1 Paramount Leader

(Too many nights at the Uniondale Mini Cinema...)

Reply to
Fred Shecter

A barn door......hum......why didn't I think of that? >;-)

Mark Simpson

The Contest Board and BOT told me how I had to do things with regional committees. It certainly wasn't my choice, and you now that too.

But I never got half the material you were supposed to send me. Mr George Fat Ass Gassaway>>

And you know damn well that Jerry Irvine had nothing to do with this. Yet you drag him into het another discussion he's not part of.

Why don't YOU ask him. He didn't allow me do do it. He (and the BOT) FORCED me to do it. It certainly wasn't my idea. I wasn't given any choice.

The only committee members who had their votes castrated were ME and the folks in my group. YOUR stupid fat ass carried more weight in the voting process than I ever had. YOU George Fat Ass Gassaway..... .....(and sometimes Dan Domina and perhaps one other person) were the folks that had the power votes, as you were the only ones who bothered to vote from your regions. While you and Dan got one vote each, I got 1/6 of a vote. Which usually meant I got NONE. I always held the meetings we were directed to hold, and usually got outvoted by the folks in my group.

Reply to
GCGassaway

I notice you are replying to minutia and ignoring the global claim. That you were unreasonable and made bad judgements and harmed the individuals, and the process, and association itself, in the process.

And you call this what? Non-appearance cracks?

I tried that at my Kangaroo court where the "prosecution" insisted on a

2 day monologue of charges and I objected on the basis that responding to the charges point by point would be more meaningful since transcripts were NOT made available, and pleasings and written charges did not exist, and thus no reasonable human could actually respond to the charges made at all.

I was overruled repeatedely by a future space cadet.

What logic is that? Someone who remembers logic class characterizr this form of arguement.

It is not apparant by the regulatory, sales or membership environment not to mention the deficit spending on lawsuits.

This is your definition of helped? I would hate to see the version you would call the opposite. Post nuclear winter?

That seems to describe you perfectly re Jerry Irvine. Why would any thinking, observing person think you would be any different on other issues you are emotionally charged about?

Is Williams finger still injured? If not return my scale data.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Like the I195 I've already suggested?

Bob Kaplow

He'd have to make it a G35/3.3# glider until he gets his L1 certification.

Bob Kaplow

Who? No. Neither did Shread Vector. But he might next time. Other than the 3 candidates onthe ballot, the only votes reported were 2 for JI.

Bob Kaplow

Can I get an official NAR letter to that efect to attach to my death certificate?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

"I SUGGESTED AIRFOILING THE WINGS NOT TO REDUCE DRAG, BUT TO REDUCE WEIGHT".

Is there some part of that you (or Chris) still don't understand?

Well Bob, you don?t remember a lot involving Grrr since some of the flights you bitched about you never even saw, you went by inaccurate stories by other people (didn?t even look at the videos at the time).

Reply to
GCGassaway

Brilliant conclusion from someone flying a 13# rocket on motors that can lift about 4-6#.

Bob Kaplow

OK, let's say I refuse. Let's tear up everything since the 1979 book and go back to that. That's exactly where YOU left us when you dropped the ball.

As I said, the regional committee process was a GOOD IDEA. In retrospect, what I should have done was dumped any one from the process who didn't implement it as we were instructed.

Yes you have. Yet you continue other actions that are detrimental to the hobby.

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

so if you think 8 pounds is probably your best bet and I did it at 12 WITH full RC gear (and heavy no micro servos on this) would you agree that I got a pretty darned light glider ?

Reply to
Chris Taylor Jr