Anyone from Houston?

I'm just putting the finishing touches on my first rocket after a 15 year absence. Now I don't know where I can (legally) launch it.

Anyone here from Houston that could let me know some launch fields or a good source of info?

Thanks.

Reply to
alynch

goto

and click on either find a launch or find a club.... welcome back ! shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Check out:

NASA/Houston Rocket Club #365

Frank Bittinger, Section Advisor

2000 Bay Area Blvd, #503 Houston TX 77058 (832) 545-7828

Activities: Competition, demo, and sport launches; high power rocketry; newsletter; educational programs. Meetings: Third Saturday each month; 12:30 PM, Clear Lake Park meeting room, NASA Road 1. Launches: First & Third Saturday each month; 9:00 AM, Johnson Space Center, NASA Road 1. Also additional special launches. HPR Support: Level 1 & 2 certifications.

Reply to
Bruce Canino

Anyone here from Houston...

No, Houston is deserted. Everyone left for Detroit.

Reply to
anonymous coredump

Just the over-eaters.

Reply to
alynch

Thanks.

I had seen this club and was hoping to make yesterday's launch but didn't quite get things together in time.

I was also hoping to find some non-club launch sites because 1) the two Houston area clubs are rather far from me and 2) to use on the 28 or 29 days a month the clubs are not launching.

Reply to
alynch

Houston, we have a problem...

Reply to
tai fu

Go to: Artapplewhite.com

There is a Texas Launch schedule there. He keeps track of all launches.

David Bachelder

Reply to
David Bachelder