C6-0 CATO picture

I tried to use a very old* C6-0 in my Estes Shrike last week, the nozzle blew out. To those of us watching, we just heard a pop and a cloud of smoke, then the sustainer kept going, and completed a perfect flight. Even the "Lego man" in the payload capsule came back with a smile on his face!

I didn't realize I caught the thing perfectly on film, until I got the shot back from WalMart. I posted it earlier on ABMR, but now it is on my website for your viewing pleasure (watch the wrap on the url)

Maybe my reflexes aren't as bad as I thought they were ;^)

Reply to
David Stribling

Awesome pic! That's one of the coolest cato shots I've seen.

Reply to
RayDunakin

} I tried to use a very old* C6-0 in my Estes Shrike last week, the nozzle } blew out. To those of us watching, we just heard a pop and a cloud of } smoke, then the sustainer kept going, and completed a perfect flight. Even } the "Lego man" in the payload capsule came back with a smile on his face! } } I didn't realize I caught the thing perfectly on film, until I got the shot } back from WalMart. I posted it earlier on ABMR, but now it is on my website } for your viewing pleasure (watch the wrap on the url) } }

} } Maybe my reflexes aren't as bad as I thought they were ;^)

Any flight the little Lego man can walk away from isn't a CATO.

Reply to
Doktor DynaSoar

You got a lot of neat stuff with that photo. If you look close, it looks like the launch rod actually has an "S" to it! COOL!

Reply to
YWillshire