Celebrity Spokesperson

...and some stomachs. ;-) I can't get past Glenn's self-promotion, dishonesty or manipulative nature long enough to tolerate him.

Mark Simpson

One of my clients is Steve Bales - "Guido" for Apollo 11. I've been pestering him to help out.

-Darren

Reply to
Darren Wright

Three of the 12 men to have walked on the moon have passed away. Irwin, Shepard, and Conrad. 9 are still alive. I had the good fortune to see one of them yesterday afternoon; Eugene A. Cernan, Capt. USN (Ret.), the "Last Man on the Moon". He was speaking to over a thousand kids at a local high school (IMSA), and several hundred adults that bought tickets. Unfortunately he didn't have time for questions, handshakes, or autographs. He DID make one of those statements to the kids, to do "anything he could to help"...

I also got to meet someone else; 1988 Nobel Laureate in Physics Dr. Leon Lederman, one of the founders of the school.

And just to make me drool, the two of them had dinner last night with some VIPs and Jim Lovell...

Bob Kaplow

Me too! In her "Kami" sports workout togs, my wife is a dead ringer for T'Pol, +10 years. Same size, short hair, same build, same curves. I'm thinking of asking her to have her ears pointed. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I wouldn't touch that line with a 10' pole other than to say "lucky man".

Mark Simpson

Yeah I know. ; ) but blessed is more like it. The first time they showed T'Pol in decon, before I could say a thing, two of our kids said simultaneously, "hey, she looks like mom!"

She's turned me down on having her ears pointed though and now I have to do a 3 mile run with her tomorrow for asking. Her workgroup is doing a fund raiser for breast cancer research and now I have to run too. It's going to look bad when a bunch of 35- 40 year old women beat me across the finish line.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Now THAT's a testimonial!

Don't be looking for any sympathy from me :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Wear a funny hat, loafers and knee high socks. Play the "photo- journalist" and carry a big 35mm camera and stop all the time to take pictures.

There, you have an excuse for looking bad ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

And for snapping photos of all the cute women...

Bob Kaplow

Plus she is well known to many younger people who haven't a clue that Buzz Aldrin and Buzz Lightyear weren't both Pixar characters. Excellent choice.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Is that the 'switch to Aux' guy?

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

No. That was John Aaron (brilliant guy). He was in the recent history channel show "Failure Is Not An Option" (still available on their website on DVD).

Steve Bales was in a video a few years back called "One Giant Leap" for the Discovery Channel. He was the one who was trying to help straighten out their navigation problems during the Eagle landing process, when they almost ran out of fuel (and had the computer overload a couple of times).

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Ahh....got it, just had a couple of brilliant guys mixed up! :-)

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

Wow. Lots of hits when you image google T'Pol.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

I may just do that. Should I keep an eye out for chickens crossing the road?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Randy's been a baaaaaaaaddd boy. >;-) My wife is doing a 10k walk for breast cancer in a couple of weeks. I volunteered to keep her company, but running 3 miles is out of the question for me.

Mark Simpson

Nope. Bring a chicken with you on a leash. The girls (chicks?) dig that.

Trust me ;-)

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Normally it would be for me too but she'll be running in her decon short shorts and sports bra, so I'll have some incentive to follow. I think I may just take the camera and let her take the lead a time or two. ; )

Seriously, she's had me exercising with her the last 4 months and we normally do 2 miles, then walk 2 for a cool down 3-4 times per week .... and it's for a good cause. A girl we went to school with recently had a nasty bout with breast cancer, so it kind of inspired us to do it for her, as well as for others.

My wife is the biggest volunteer in the world. She gives platelets several times a month, as a family of 7, we usually give blood close to 50 times per year. She also had us all registered as organ donors, all kinds of Little League, Boy and Girl Scouts, my wife is both, believe it or not. Giving to others, has made a definite difference in my kids lives too.

Next week, she's going to try and organize a "rockets for kids" outing at work, to try to get her co-workers kids involved in rocketry. Today, she has her 5 engine Saturn V on display, on her desk. : )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Yeah, but does she have pointy ears?