I 284 Short liner - Heads up!

Free advise from Jerry:

38mm Table

Grains Throats # Power WL RL BJ BT Liner

2 240 11 12 14 15 3.5" 4 480 16 17 20 21 9.5" 6 720 20 21 25 27 15.5" 8 sec #12 #14 #16 #18

Insert your actual numbers.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Phil Stein

Unless AT/RCS QC improves several orders of magnitude, I *STRONGLY* endorse this solution. Even if it's just on the web site, where we can download it ourselves, a complete and accurate parts description list for all motors woud be helpful.

Make it so.

Bob Kaplow

Reply to
Phil Stein

Robert -

What's the allowable deviation on these?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Which allowable deviate is asking???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

That comment may have been, but you have to note the many QC related posts on rmr (and ROL and TRF) re AT brand over the years. The product seems designed to need to be made to exacting tolerances and be complicated to pack.

As such errors happen fairly regularly. Sometimes 1000 units at a time.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LOL!

Reply to
RayDunakin

I received an email today from Craig C from Aerotech. It was based on this thread, not my email to Aerotech. He agreed my LINER is too short and is sending me a new one. The lot # of the short liner is 041504 07

I'm a very happy customer.

BTW, It would be nice to see liner lengths and tolerances published.

Reply to
Doc

I wonder how many catos were because of short liners. I bet many of them go unsolved.

Reply to
Doc

Make the table I suggested.

Using the liner which varies to make a seal is bogus BTW.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think delay problems are way more common. THere's blow by, short delays & bonus delays. If you are using motor ejection, Cesaroni is the way to go.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Phil S. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

I've only seen that happen when used in a 5 grain case :-) twice ! did the user check for that ?

I've also seen pro38 used with no case four times last year. say road flare.

Reply to
almax

Looks dead wrong, without even knowing the units you're using for throat diameters. From smallest throat diameter to largest, it should be BJ, WL, RL, and BT.

- Rick "Just Tech" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Hardly. It's been an ongoing problem for years.

Bob Kaplow

Aerotech 38 mm liners are 1 7/8" * number of grains. A 5 grain motor would be 9 3/8". 've made plenty of EX reloads with liners made to this formula without failure (due to blowby - have had case ruptures).

Tom

Reply to
Tom Binford

This whole thread reminds me of an incident in the ol' window factory where I used to work.

A new hire was put running a saw cutting parts. After he cut a whole cartload it was discovered that the parts were the wrong length.

Upon investigation it was found that he had measured a part to find out the fraction of an inch over the full inch that the part was supposed to be cut at.

But the tape measure on the saw was marked in thirty-seconds its whole length. He had measured the part with a tape marked in sixteenths and counted the *number of marks* past the inch mark...

Never clicked in his mind that the two tapes looked different.

True story.

Dimbulbs will destroy civilization yet.

+McG+
Reply to
Kenneth C. McGoffin

No one is perfect. (except maybe Jerry 8-))

Point is that the delay timing on Cesaroni's seem to be a lot more consistent. Also, it's difficult for someone to mess one up so, that probably is a significant contribution toward reliability.

Reply to
Phil Stein