Is the model rocketry hobby dying?

"A company of less than two employees"

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

: )

Randy

<randyolb

I'm sure all He/She/They got was a load of hot air.

Tell Us jerry, over the years how many times have you sold us rockets?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

And who has recently been a big supporter of Team America...

Reply to
Mark Johnson

Like them or not, NASA is not only the us space agency but also a source of scale model material (that is, they build the full size ones). I think offering honarary membership to the agency head - however often that head rolls - would be a good political move.

I think we should also make the head of the BATFE an honorary member :-)

Glen

Reply to
Glen Overby

Assumes facts not in evidence, and false.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ROTFLMAO!

Bob Kaplow

I'd thought about this too.

Boy, that would be great, when he had to explain why he was a member of an organization that was suing his agency.

Bob Kaplow

Yes, His tireless research efforts into the flammability of rental vans is renoun.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Prove it. We already know about your felony conviction for possession of a "destructive device". You've refused to say what that device is, but you did say I was guilty of the same crime because I still have one of your motors.

You've also said that it's "impossible" to tell if a motor is legal or "no longer made but still legal". That sure doesn't sound like "living the lifestyle" is risk-free.

-
Reply to
raydunakin

I'll second that...

Mario

Reply to
Mario Perdue

snip

Just as a follow up to the Wal Mart discussion in this thread, my daughter called me from work this afternoon to say the store had a huge display right in the front door, with the Estes Snap Shot, & Max Trak for $24.95 and tons of engines at $4.97. The display had about 50 of each rocket and about 100 of the 3 engine blister packs.

I don't know if it's just her store or if they're doing it everywhere. She is very vocal about rocketry to anyone that will listen, especially the older people in the store. Her manager adores her and she may have set up the display because of my daughter. She couldn't ask her, because she had already gone home for the day.

Either way, it looks like Wal Mart is promoting Estes products. In her store, you have to walk around the display to get in. Might be interesting to see if there are similar displays in other Wal Marts around the country.

Randy

<randyolb

Estes pays CASH rent for that placement.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

(Snip)

you have to walk around the display to get in. Might be interesting

Nice but I think it is a local phenomena. My Wal-mart has old engine packs that have wadding with them. Not a good choice and just a few models.

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

Not just a local phenom. It is probably store-by-store. There's a Super WalMart around here that has three such displays. A regular WalMart has two. A third store does not have the display, nor do they have much on the order of rockets.

Roy nar12605

Reply to
Roy Green

That makes a lot of sense Roy. She works in a Super Wal-Mart. I have some errands to run today and I will try to visit a couple of the other stores in the area and see what they're doing. Still, I think it's a good move because it puts rockets and the hobby, in the main stream, in a store that attracts more customers locally and nation wide than any other venue.

The hobby needs to be seen as mainstream as X-Box. The visibility can't hurt.

Randy

<randyolb

I strongly agree.

Now if only we could close the deal to "upgrade" those clearly "instant gratification buyers", we would rock!

Alas we are too busy infighting and over-regulating ourselves for THAT to ever happen.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well, in a small way they may have accidentally done. The 2 rockets they have out one takes photos and the other measures altitude. That might make an impression on the X-Boxers and kids seeking more than just a whoosh pop!

The one thing every rocketeer should be doing right now, no matter the affiliation or independence there of, is pulling together as a unified group. One body, one voice. Refuse to give up, refuse to give in.

Randy

<randyolb

Yeah, and Jerry's too busy hiding from creditors, dodging the authorities, playing shell games with his bogus companies, getting felony convictions, racking up big DOT fines, making excuses about why he can't get his motors certified, and blaming everyone else in rocketry for the problems he brings on himself.

Oh, and making idiotic posts about some alleged "holy grail" that he refuses to explain.

Reply to
raydunakin