JC, TRA and the future of rocketry

FAA doesn't care.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

..

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

How would you like it if some person with a personal vendetta gassing a club, for whatever reason, went around to the club's launch site owners and ALSO all neighbors of that site, trying their best to "Chicken Little" scare the owners or neighbors, in order to get the launches shut down?

Reply to
GCGassaway

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Why does this matter? Jerry was the one I dealt with. Why should it make a difference which parts he made and which he bought?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It is not my fault you refuse to do business in any normal fashion.

It is highly unsurprising you would choose to buy a single perhaps $150 product, which "might" require say a $45 box charge and a $100 shipping charge and considerable paperwork just so you can instantly initiate a DOT investigation. As anybody knows who has worked with DOT (especially including larege aerospace firms), they are most anxious to find things to fine people for and including the most insignificant mistakes in paperwork, something that would never even be noticed in normal commerce.

But you want to be sure to bring any opportunity for them to try to focus their attention on me immediately and withoout delay.

You sir are bad for the economy and the hobby.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob K. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bob K. replied:

You didn't answer the question. I asked if you thought they were telling people that homemade motors were certified, commercially produced motors.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Ignoring the trollbait is not avoiding a valid question.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Dave W. asked:

If it doesn't matter, then I could assemble an AT reload, sell it to someone, and then tell people I make "kick-butt motors". In fact, since buying from a "subcontractor" doesn't have to involve any assembly on my part at all, I could just sell AT single use motors and say the same thing.

Now do you see the difference?

Reply to
RayDunakin

objection! heresay

let's see the policy

- iz

RayDunak> So you see, it _was_ insured, yet Cato still insists that it wasn't even after

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

what a stupid question

d0h!

- iz

RayDunak> You didn't answer the question. I asked if you thought they were telling people

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

That's what PML has been doing with the "Thrusters" - they're Aerotech types, but PML markets them under thei own brand. That's exactly what HP does with their inkjet printers - they send out to a contract manufacturer who does them up by the pallet-load, to order. Same thing Apogee was doing with the "Medalist" motors - should I have a problem with the fact that Apogee was not "the actual manufacturer" of the propellant? (AIUI, it came from Aerotech?) So if Jerry wants to order up a pallet load of motors from some supplier of generic/industrial propulsion devices, and market them under his own brand (which is exactly what he did to produce the "US Rockets" motors), why is that a different situation?

Still don't see why you think one should have a problem with it one way or the other.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yes.I got started before there was an AT (and bootstrapped AT itself), and you are sitting on your butt criticizing other people who got started. And notably CERTIFIED as well.

Remember you have to be CERTIFIED to be DECERTIFIED.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's your choice Jerry, as they say, "put up or shutup". Even as you say, I could go to A/T or AMW, CTI, etc., but I thought I would do a little "dance and take a little chance" with U.S Rockets. Direct me to your ordering process; your web page is confusing. The original offer, in this thread still stands;

"Here we go again Jerry: deception, fraudulent deception etc. etc. I stand behind what I said and you have quoted. You haven't the balls to take me or anyone on rec. to court for "libel and or trade libel". Please, please, please pretty please, let me be the first.... Better yet, pick a motor, any US Rockets motor up through, let's say a K reloadable, preferable a fast load; bill me for it, ship it to me, via what you believe to be a common carrier, that you can legally use to ship. When I receive the shipment, I'll verify the legality of the shipment with DOT. If it's a clean shipment, I will publish the fact on RMR, ROL and any other list you so desire, and in addition, I'll pay double for the motor. Come on Jerry, lets see if we can make something relevant out of what has got to be the longest running spinning wheel thread in RMR history. (;-)"

Up to this point, every post from you in response, "priceless", just like I said it would be....

Also, while your shipping and box charges seem high by comparison to UPS or FEDEX hazmat shipping, don't let that slow you down, I can handle the cost, if for no other reason then to prove my point, one way or another and give credit where credit is due...

Fred

Jerry Irv> It is not my fault you refuse to do business in any normal fashion. >

You may want to talk to Ken. Im sure he may have a slightly different opinion concerning my impact on the economy and hobby. Your response to this should be "priceless"(;-).

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Objection overruled; Considering Tom is part of that group and is still in a position to know.

As for as "let's see the policy", just like JC, you do not have a dog in the fight.

BTW, If you ever come to a MDRA launch, you will be required to sign a liability waiver, but you will not get to see a copy of our insurance policy. You will just have to take our word for it's existence, just as JC should of, when he ask the question.

Fred

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

He has NOT claimed to see the TRA insurance policy itself.

The waiver makes the policy cover YOU not the user.

Tripoli claims its policy covers the user even though it has historically been similar to MDRA where the principals are covered but NOT the general membership.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Hmmm... I guess that explains why I know two people who've seen the policy, eh?

Why the need for all the secrecy? Especially with the lovely little non-disclosure. Afraid someone might reveal some truth you don't want out?

Spin it however you want, at the end of the day, you're still hiding something.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Your ignorance of the facts is showing Jerry::(:-) At least as it pertains to MDRA, but hey, that's your normal mode, turning your own drivel into what you believe to be fact... Excuse me, is that a plunk or whatever you call it????

Fred

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace