Jerome back in NAR?!?

I am curious. Does that excuse evaporate after 1 month? 6? 12? 24? 48?

96?

Ever?

Hmmm?

Jerry

"Don't let the bastards wear you down Jerry!"

- Tom Cloud

"I know of NO (for profit) magazine that ALREADY had its 'subscriber base' established BEFORE it ever printed its first issue - which was EXACTLY the 'gift' given Mr. Kelly at LDRS 11. And then one wonders why Kelly has made mention in the (recent) past that the magazine was losing money and he might just 'give it back'? Does anybody besides myself wonder at the hypocrisy of 'giving back' something that was stolen?"

- John Cato

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

ROTFLMAO!

Just how much money has he taken from TRA members for magazines that were not delivered over the past decade? It's got to beat the Jerry Irvine Great T-shirt Fiasco of 1997... Perhaps every year!

Bob Kaplow

"link to HPR"? Looks to me as though they have a subscription form, complete with TRA background graphic, right there on the TRA site.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

This is what I'm saying -

Or do you mean to imply only that that proof has not been presented to a judge?

Except the I'm looking for proof in the quality that would be presented to a judge. If I & others saw it in that format, I don't see how BK could be permitted to remain in TRA.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Where is the proof?

Reply to
Word of Reason

Very few people present such proof onto rmr for a reason. For one thing it discloses the case to the other side and lawyers like nothing better than surprise or delaying to the very last moment required disclosures.

That's part of lawyering that really annoys me and seems to contrubute to many weaknesses in the system.

What is strange about YOUR statement, is that you HAVE seen it in a form that SHOULD be convincing to you. BK has been censured by the TRA BOD for magazine irregularities and those irregularities have contunued.

Past transgressions have not been "fully compensated" only "forgivin on behalf of non-consenting participants".

To me there is no need for third party effort or evidence to convince me there is a problem, Kelly and the BOD are liable and the scope of the problem exceeds $400,000.

The only piece missing is retribution and legally enforced punishment or conmpensation.

I have repeatedly suggested BK and TRA buck it up, hand over the publishing to a willing person (as was done with Bruce in 1990 over the objections of at least two other willing publishers with experience) and have TRA BOD make admissions and reparations.

But you see, that is what will NOT happen.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since I REFUNDED almost $4000, and the cumulative missing issues of HPR magazine are now well over $400,000, I would say Bruce is more nearly infinitely worse.

No wonder you keep saying that :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

In the records of the association itself.

Each member was promised a certain number of magazines each year. That is an "external fact".

Each member received a specific and fewer number of issues each year (the log has been posted to rmr from MEMBER's records).

Simple math (beyond you) thereafter. Missing issues times the amortized cost of each issue results in the missing issue value.

Over $400,000

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Did you reimburse Deby? I didn't think so.

Have you paid anything on the fraud judgment against you? I didn't think so.

Have you paid anything on the DOT fine? I didn't think so.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

What a crock. You have no such evidence. If you did, you would gloatingly display it at every opportunity.

Who cares? You're not part of TRA, you're not wanted in TRA, you're opinions are not wanted in TRA.

Right, the old "heads on a pike" bit.

No one cares what you suggest, so sit down and shut up.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Well I'm not saying it's corrupt or otherwise, but it does give the impression of closely linking TRA with HPR magazine.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I can't disagree with you there but I can tell you that they are seperate entities.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Not disagreeing with you either, but sometimes appearances are what matters. I'd like to take out a subscription to HPR, but I'm a bit nervous about it considering the reputation for non-delivery.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

What would you like for proof. Every one on RMR who subscribed and didn't get what they paid for chime in? The TRA meetings from the past couple years address the issue and are clear as to what HPR is expected to do. Ye they keep failing to do so. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME. Fool me 10 times, Hi Bruce :-(

Bob Kaplow

Admit it Jerry, you're just jealous that Bruce gets away with what you couldn't dream of.

Say, I wonder if he ever paid the taxes on that $400K?

Bob Kaplow

I personally know at least one person who does have theevidence, and on the advice of his lawyer refuses to disclose it until in a court of law.

Bob Kaplow

No.

No.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I stopped subscribing a few months ago. At that point, there were some interesting atricles but, very few pages & it's the size of a comic book. That clown (BK) needs to do better than a comic book size & have more content for me to consider subscribing. If it was at least on par with ER, I might be willing to forget he's an ass.

Reply to
Phil Stein