Jerry is ... right.

Ok, you have one local agent who sees things your way and is willing to buck ATF HQ. Big deal. Yeah, it's nice for you, but it doesn't help any of the folks elsewhere in the country who don't have such accommodating agents. And it's not the same as getting a court to tell ATF HQ to obey the law.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Oh, I agree. Anyone with even half a brain can see that Congress merely wanted to regulate certain items which, while not explosives themselves, where closely related to the use of explosives. But ATF has taken it to mean they can regulate any damn thing they want.

Reply to
RayDunakin

It would have if anybody listened to my methods which I did publish.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

TRA/NAR are not trade organizations. They are consumer organizations. The require what the authorities (ATF, DOT, etc) tell them is required. If they tell the authorities to stuff it, the authorities could shut down their certification program.

Funny you're complaining about that, since you have stated that reloads are not PADs and are not exempt.

Well now, you certainly can't blame TRA/NAR for that! They have no control whatsoever over suppliers of raw materials. I doubt they even have any contact with raw materials suppliers.

If these non-rocketry businesses are requiring permits for raw materials, it seems to me that shoots down your whole "TRA/NAR conspiracy" theory.

Reply to
RayDunakin

In their capacity as motor certifiers they function as "legal gatekeepers".

For them to violate any law or add any known unnecessary requirement is unconcionable.

They do that.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just because you don't agree with it, its not illegal.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Contrary to the law is illegal.

My opinion is besides the point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What law have they violated?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Yes, it is.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Reply to
Phil Stein

Jerry, just what is a "known" "unecessary requirement"?

Have you taken communion in a Catholic church lately?

Got into an Elk's Club without observing the membership charter?

Got into an Eagle's Club without observing the membership charter?

Asked to give a speech about the unfairness of Non Profits at your local NAACP meeting?

Invited to your neighborhood mosque for an evening prayer and a speech about the illegal affairs of the ATF, FBI, and other assorted government agencies?

Paid your dues to get into your local YMCA?

Paid your dues to be a member of and to get into an NAR Launch?

Sniveled at another year's LDRS Board Meeting to be reinstated?

Bottom line is if an organization as a body doesn't want you, they don't have to accept you.

Same with your rocket motors.

Ask any gay man how much he enjoys being a member of the BSA. They have a much bigger complaint about unfairness than you do.

You have stepped on many toes. You get what you deserve.

Jeff Barnes TRA #2267

Reply to
Jeff Barnes

LEMP for EXEMPT goods.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

2001.

Except "unconcionable provisions"

I have. A lot. Just "don't ask, don't tell.

Fame and fortune and credibility and honor?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ok Jerry, what law is violated by TRA/NAR requirements for motor certs? Cites only please, not your opinion.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Where dem motors Jerry?? Dem feds wants to know.. Bubba wants to certify you..

Fred

Reply to
W. E.Fred Wallace