Master Blasters

ANyone know what happened ? my server did not record it last night. its as if it was not one ! after my epg update yesterday afternoon it was
NOT on the list to record anymore and I am showing NO more episodes !! I really wanted to see the fans of fury episode it looks quite good ! :-(
anyone get it ?
Chris Taylor http://www.nerys.com /
Nerys wrote:

Chris, the show's been cancelled. According to Pat G. the Discovery channel and ESPN have both expressed interest in it, so it may end up on one of those channels.
After just 4 shows? Ratings must have been dismal.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
They stated the ratings were good but the viewers were not Sci-Fi viewers so they had no viewer retention after the shows ended. For a network it's about holding the viewer after the show. If the regular Sci-Fi viewers leave during the telecast it's regarded as a negative. It will return. I have enjoyed watching them so far.

Chad L. Ellis wrote:

Yeah, putting a reality show on SciFi never made much sense to me, since it's not SF. Maybe they figure they've already got all the hardcore SF fans and were hoping to draw in some new viewers.
2

If they want to do a *successful* reality show on the Sci-Fi Channel, it would have to be about a bunch of overweight, pimply, pizza-eating, 34-year-old male virgins who rarely leave their mom's basement except for their quarterly bath or to attend Star Trek conventions dressed as Klingons in the hope of meeting their dream girl - a 225-pound ex-goth chick who speaks fluent Klingon and hasn't owned a toothbrush since being kicked out of her parent's home at age 16.
Vince wrote:

That totally mirrors a certain roommate I had several years ago ;/
Gave the uber nerd the boot when I discovered that this nerd never discovered the need to take a shower, pay his bills, communicate with spoken words, take care of his dog, COMPLETE lack of common sense..... This uber nerd was ONLY concerned with a stupid fantasy computer game, Everquest.
It eventually involved the local feds and certain weapons that uber nerd had in my basement.
Any wonder why I have serious bias against nerds? Geeks on the other hand are a-ok with me.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

You forgot about dorks and dweebs. Where do they fit in? ;)
Brian McDermott wrote:

Well since I'm a self proclaimed dork I rate dorks as the cream of the crop :)
Dunno much about dweebs though....
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
I actually think you (and Best Buy) have the definition of "geek" and "nerd" backwards.
"Nerd" is not so bad and "geek" is seriously bad.
shreadvector wrote:

It's My understanding that a "geek" is a person who bites the heads off of live chickens.
shreadvector wrote:

Not by my definition.
Nerd = zero personality skills, zero hygiene skills, zero common-sense, zero work ethic, zero interest in the opposite sex, zero awareness of their surroundings.
Geek = has personality, interested in the opposite sex, awesome work ethic, interested in 'anything' technical, has common-sense.
Dork = mastered the fine art of dorking around, executes ways of making work fun, fully appreciates a properly placed banana peel, addictive personality, tons of common-sense, way way way interested in the opposite sex, natural ability to dominate any form of beer consuming competition.
Me, myself and I = dork with geek like tendencies :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
Your defintions as presented for geek and nerd are exactly swapped with each other. When did this confusion occur because I've recently seen it elsewhere.
It was correct and clear in the era of "Revenge of the Nerds". Those nerds had definite interest in the opposite sex (or the same sex for the gay nerds).
One of the people I worked with until recently (when she left ot take a higher paying job elsewhere) was a former student of Jaime Escalante and she also was emphatic about being a nerd and not a geek.
Refer to the classic geek definition from side show days. Geeks were extremely disfunctional.
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Fred Shecter wrote:

I'll reiterate, 'Not by MY definition'.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I thought they already had more episodes in the can? If that is so then I would think they stand a chance of being aired someplace else.
Kurt Savegnago
If they can find a sponsor.
Help find a sponsor by listing great suggestions here.
How about Burger King? perhaps future episodes could feature CoqRoq and the MBs could launch giant rubber chickens across the road? Or maybe rocket powered chicken coops?
At least on basic cable its hard to run afowl of the censors.
-Shread Vector NRA #1 Paramouont Leader

SCI-FI viewers were complaining on the Master Blasters forum at scifi.com about pre-empting some other actual sci-fi show.
Wouldn't it be better to show the paid for episodes than reruns of some other show? I can't believe reruns would make more moeny than a first run show. I never watch reruns if I can help it.
Brian Elfert
Run it on Spike TV.
Now for the real thread:
What commercials and for what products should be run during this show?
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply
Fred Shecter wrote: