New electronics multi stager design

I am currently in the design stage of a 5 channel timer for advanced cluster and staging rockets (example, USR Sentra).

1 stage will be used for air-starting (think of it as a delay capable XCIC-1). The other 4 stages will be "independent" of each other or fired in "sequence". It will have G-SWITCH or PULL-PIN arming option as well as a combination there of. All outputs will be using 55V, 28A FETs. Bright RED LEDs will display continuity of igniters / e-matches. I will probably have the prototyes ready in a few months, alot of code to write..... The target price is still to be determined.

I would like to get peoples opinions on things you would like to see included in this product or possible configurations you could see needing. This is a joint effort by myself and Jerry Irvine of U.S. Rockets, so if any owners of some of the U.S. Rockets kits would like to chime in please feel free to. I also understand there are some of you that have "issues" with Jerry, that's fine I respect that, not everybody gets along. But please keep this civil, I am only wanting to get feedback on a product and help develop something good for rocketry, not start a political debate.

I also sent this to Rocketryforum, so I will monitor both sites for replies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Best regards, Steve

__________________ Steven Kosmerchock

  • XAVIEN * Phoenix, Az USA
    snipped-for-privacy@xavien.com
Reply to
XAVIEN

The option of an auxiliary battery so higher current igniters may be used. eMatches are going to get as scarce as Thermalite soon.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Noted, I will definately include that since it is for a multi stage system.

Steve

Reply to
XAVIEN

Some form of magnetosensor based sub system that isolates subsequent staging if the airframe attitude goes beyond say, 45[1] degrees from vertical.

[1] Amend as appropriate.

Asking a lot, I appreciate, but it would be very handy from a safety point of view.

Damian Hall

Will the sequence of events be changable? By that I mean; either hard set or programmable, so that specific events can be set or programed to happen or not happen, unless a previous action/event was successful.

Fred

XAVIEN wrote:

Reply to
WallaceF