Newbie Question : Motor Availability

Actually DaveyFire's and Oxral's are classed inclusively with Pro38 and 54's etc. as UN0357 articles pyrotechnic NOS (completed reload device). They are no longer UN0454 igniters when configured that way.

Anthony J. Cesaroni President/CEO Cesaroni Technology/Cesaroni Aerospace

887-2370 x222 Toronto (410) 571-8292 Annapolis

Reply to
Anthony Cesaroni

So your solution, is to ship large quantities of hazardous materials, as "model aircraft parts".

Is that your solution?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

This is an "article approval". This refers to DOT/UN. A sepatate issue is ATF. All those items mentioned are ATF exwempt. Always were.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry wrote:

It does NOT say "detonators", it says "igniters".

In that, you are correct. Igniters do not function by explosion. Yet Congress specifically listed igniters as regulated explosives. On the other hand, there obviously is some regulation somewhere that permits igniters to be exempt under certain conditions, otherwise you'd need a LEUP to buy Estes igniters. I'd like to know precisely what regulation permits that.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Jerry wrote:

I don't need to be swayed, as I am capable of coming to my own conclusions. What I'd like to know is how to sway the authorities such as ATF or the courts. I want to know how to defend myself should I ever be hassled about having igniters or reloads. I want to know how we can convince a judge about these things when/if it becomes necessary to get the ATF off our backs.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Anthony C. wrote:

Reply to
RayDunakin

Correct.

I'd like to be able to point to the regulation that exempts Oxrals and Daveyfires from ATF oversight. So far I haven't seen it.

Reply to
RayDunakin

it must be something else, nail gun cartridges are not able to be used in arms, and are sold in states that control small arms ammo.

Reply to
almax