NOTAMs available online!

I don't think I've posted this already, but I just found that you can search the FAA NOTAM database online. Go to

and then enter the TLA for your closest airport to see NOTAMs for your area. Right now, if you put in ORD or DPA you'll see 2 unmanned rocket launches for this weekend.

Bob Kaplow

So how do you read one?, e.g.

PXR PHOENIX

!PRC 11/018 PXR UNMANNED ROCKET 3 NMR PXR231021/10 S GYR 12000/BLW WEF

0411061500-0411062200
Reply to
bit eimer

and you'll find

7930.2 Notice to Airmen (NOTAM's) Approved NOTAM Contractions
most specifically chapter 6-2-1 Formatting Airspace NOTAM (D)

please dont aske me to explain further. at the EAA airshow in oshkosh, I had the chance to either learn about NOTAMs or to listen to Burt Rutan talk. which one would you have picked

Reply to
tater schuld

Here's what I've been able to figure out so far. If any one knows better, or has corrections, please reply...

!PRC The issuing flight service station

11/018 some sort of sequence number PXR is the airport designation. Unmanned rocket should be obvious 3 NMR nautical mile radius PXR231021 PXR VOR 231 radial 021 nautical miles /10 S GYR not sure what the is, perhaps GYR is another nearby airport 12000/BLW feet msl and below WEF not sure about 0411061500 YYMMDDHHMM Zulu (GMT) 0411062200 "

Bob Kaplow