NTSB Report of Valujet crash (Improperly shipped Hazmat)

Here you go Skippy. This link is to the NTSB web site.

You can see that improperly shipped oxidizers (oxygen generators) brought down the ValuJet DC-9 passenger aircraft.

Weren't you just fined for shipping HAZMAT improperly? Rocket motors was it? Did those motors get on board an aircraft?

Nice work you idiot.

BMF

Reply to
BMF

Hey Skippy weren't there igniters in that shipment?

Did you do this LOTS of times?

I'm glad you got fined $40,000. It should have been more.

BMF

Reply to
BMF

I saw the Altas go up.

Was in Florida for my brothers wedding, perfect timing!

Also, I bought a Big Daddy from Ebay this week, Im going to glass the fins and do a 29mm mount. Still need to sand my BSD L3 Horizon booster too (blew it up at Airfest).

Google search for "Empress Chili". It's good.

Reply to
Chuck Kremer

Until the next crash of course.

You guys are amazing supporting what Skippy did.

Reply to
BMF

Yellow Freight is a trucking company.

Reply to
duck and run

PLONK! - Altopian troll

Reply to
Dwayne Surdu-Miller

Reply to
Mike

Nope. Once the box & plastic bages catch fire, it's easy for the grains to. If you don't believe me, take a grain & try it yourself.

Don't be a dick. I'm telling you what I've seen & am concerned for people's safety. That has nothing to do with any specific person here.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Right. The propellant will only ignite when exposed to _direct_ flame. This will only happen during shipment if the surrounding environment is already on fire, in which the propellant will also catch fire and burn up, no problem.

However, the propellant is not likely to _initiate_ a fire, in the same way that the _unsafed_ percussion ignition devices on the oxygen generators would.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Reply to
Phil Stein

They would embarass themselves?

They know their six other 'names' are killfiled by the masses?

It's a holdover from their prank call days before caller ID?

It's the only way they can use their old CB handle?

Someone would ask them questions they don't want to answer?

They were just gelded?

They are practicing stalking?

They don't want their 'friends' to know their views?

They don't like the name Mom gave them?

I know I missed a few. There must be more.

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

But IF the grains do start to burn even a few motors could bring down an aircraft.

Skippy was wrong to improperly label and ship Hazmat. And he is paying a buttload of money for his mistake.

John

Reply to
Troll 3?

"....Skippy was wrong to improperly label and ship Hazmat. And he is paying a buttload of money for his mistake..."

That is the crux of the matter. I doubt this isolated case will have any effect whatsoever on any rules, laws, or regulations. Jerry made, given the premise that the PDF of the finding is not a hoax, a hell of a mistake. Whether this happened by accident, or by trying to circumvent rules he does not agree with, is not relevant He got nabbed and $40,000 referenced has got to sting a whole lot more than anything anybody can post here.

Reply to
Al Gloer

Or perhaps a calculated risk?

I know I once ordered some AT 38mm reloads from a once-major and well-known online rocketry dealer (who since closed down for reasons of the owner's health, but was a good source for stuff while they lasted... and no, I'm not going to post the dealer's name) - the reloads came in the US Mail, plain white box, no external descriptive labeling of ant sort - just address and postage. I don't know if they "thought it was legal" or just "figured nobody would complain", but one way or the other, how is that really different from what Jerry was accused of?

(I don't think 18-wheelers are considered "passenger aircraft", so the comparisons to the Valujet fire/crash aren't actually applicable to the Yellow Freight shipment associated with Jerry's reported troubles... but a package sent by way of the Postal Service just _might_ be a different matter!)

My point is that probably a lot of materials get shipped in some manner short of "full compliance", and most of the time nobody has a problem with it, unless there's an "incident"... or a complaint filed: at which point the structure of DOT's internal paperwork system quite probably means that it then becomes _far_ easier to "close the case" with some sort of recorded "Enforcement Action" than to do anything else!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Please ignore the obvious facts.

The troll has noise to make totally independent of reality.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Fact.

What that has to do with the situation is totally unclear.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Aircraft?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

4-1-04?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Point.

Key word complaint filed.

Note the proximity of the complaint to the LDRS-2001 August BOD meeting where Ken Allen was summoned in just after I was gone.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

a?

Reply to