Int Hazmat carrier from US?

Hiyas,

Does anyone know of any international HAZMAT carriers who will ship motors from the US?

A group of us has lined up a bulk purchase of motors and commonwealth hobbies were keen to supply, but they/we can't find anyone to ship the motors. Anyone know of any motor suppliers who can/will ship motors over seas?

Cheers.

Reply to
Impakt

Hi

Fedex will do it, they will do door to door or just from the US to Stanstead airport and you pick them up. Expensive but I think they are the only ones that will do it as they have to go air freight. All Commonwealth has to do is package them properly and attach the hazmat stuff etc.

Richard

Reply to
richard.brown

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

So you are saying fedex will ship them from the US to Australia? That's what we need.

Cheers Paul.

Reply to
Impakt

Hi

They ship engines from the US to the UK, so I dont see why they wont go from the US to Australia. Basically they have to go air freight, I would imagine they did an air freight service to Australia.

Richard

Reply to
richard.brown

From the US to Australia.

cheers.

Reply to
Impakt

Maybe, and maybe not. You need to check and see if they are FedEx Air Hazmat certified. There's a difference. FedEx requires different courses to ship air vs. ground. I took a one day hazmat course, submitted it and FedEx granted the ability to ship hazmat ground. Shipping by air, FedEx requires a lengthy 3-4 day training course which is very expensive. I'm sure you can find a supplier in the US that has the air ability if Commonwealth does not, but be sure to confirm the ability for air first.

-Booms

Reply to
Booms

how about by sea??

Reply to
tai fu

Yeah, sea would be just as good. All we care is that someone can supply around 50+ motors in the F - J impulse range at a good price and get them here.

Reply to
Impakt