Ok, so U.S. Rockets [NEVER] existed? I am confused!

Except that you don't usually establish a quorum based on proxies. They count for casting votes, not for counting the members present to establish the quorum. Without enough members actually present for a quorum, decisions and votes at the meeting wouldn't count, regardless of how many proxies people had.

Reply to
Rick Dunseith

W. E. Fred Wallace

Whatever you say, Cletus.

Reply to
Gus

Thanks Phil,

I really do h> >

Reply to
lunarlos

The "MORON" in you appears to be surfacing again... Attended any launches lately?

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Hmmm,

Ya know, if you could get one of those plastic/fibreglass chickens , you could make an actual rocket and enter it as static scale. The Original Rocket Chicken doesn't fly :( Well its not supposed to any ways.

Reply to
lunarlos

So what happens if a relatively new, small organization with members scattered all over the country is unable to get enough members for a quorum together in one place at the same time?? Would that org be unable to ever get anything done, or would common sense prevail?

Reply to
raydunakin

Correct.

Certainly.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So why not fixate on the positive FACTS rather than INVENTING negative SPECULATION and SLANDER?

Just asking.

Bullshit!

including death and injury?

Bullshit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

LDRS is once a year.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He did limit his "nonsense" (Dunakinism) to fact.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Who? Be specific.

Bullshit.

Jerry

Your posts are mudslinging.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And THIS is what you do with your time.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That is true Ray. The way it is presented, it appears things started out O.K early on and then a bunch of weird stuff started happening. I wasn't there in the beginning so I don't know. Could be just a personality trait. If I was trying to start a rocketry business, I'd try to be scrupulously honest and if I couldn't deliver, try to make things right and then bow out. As it stands, I think Jerry has a lot of rocketry knowledge and he shared a little bit with me that was good information. I don't wish ill of anyone here. (Might feel different if someone owed me money.) :) BTW, liked your camera book and thanks for the fin advice. Perhaps there was some flexion when the ship touched down that caused the paint to fracture in two of the fins. I'm philosophical about it. If I make the cert attempt in the waning weeks of the season here and am not successful, I have the winter to build another rocket. If I am successful, I still have the winter to build another rocket! :)

Kurt Savegnago

Kurt Savegnago

Reply to
Kurt

YOU can't use the language properly. I think that more than qualifies you for the appelation you try to place upon me.

And FYI, I attended a launch last month (not PARA, in case you're wondering).

How about you?

Probably, you and Brandine and Q-Bert never leave the trailer.

Reply to
Gus

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > So what happens if a relatively new, small organization with > members scattered all over the country is unable to get > enough members for a quorum together in one place at the > same time?? Would that org be unable to ever get anything > done, or would common sense prevail?

Hi Ray.

There's nothing wrong with a conference call, or an email conversation or a live online chat, to hold a meeting. But there still has to be a quorum of actual participants. You can still have proxies, but enough "actual" participants are needed to establish the quorum.

My club has 7 BoD members, scattered as you say (over two countries, in fact), and face-to-face meetings are difficult. So we conduct business online a lot, and as long as a quorum-number of people vote on an issue, we can carry motions. For membership-wide voting on issues, we often use online polling systems, rather than trying to pull the distributed membership together.

...Rick

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Rick Dunseith

The by-laws must be written to allow whatever means are needed to be 'legal'. I've been a member of such an organization, and the BOD had about 15 members scattered all over the US. One method of holding a meeting, AS DEFINED BY THE BY-LAWS, was a telephone conference call.

These days, having an on-line chat session would be as good, if not better (due to cost and the ability to keep a record), than having a teleconference. BUT, that option must be specifically enumerated.

This was the case with the organization I was forming a couple of years back -- we specifically allowed on-line chat to be one method of holding a BOD meeting. But we also had to enumerate methods of whether the quorum was still valid if people 'left' the chat, etc.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Who doesn't? We all want that. The difference is, Jerry thinks TRA/NAR should ignore any laws and regulations that inconvenience him in any way. He also blames TRA/NAR for every law and regulation ever written regarding rocketry (including those that predate both orgs) as if all government agencies are mere pawns of TRA/NAR.

If he doesn't like the current laws, he has the same options as the rest of us: He can ignore them AT HIS OWN RISK; or he can work with the government agencies (or through the courts) to have them changed.

raydunakin

My mistake, you are a moron. I must of been having a senior moment..

I'm sure it wasn't PARA, as I hear it, you are not the most welcome of guests.

Yes, at least monthly, tomorrow Culpepper..

See previous statement concerning you moron status..

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace