Ok, so U.S. Rockets [NEVER] existed? I am confused!

LDRS is once a year.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > So what happens if a relatively new, small organization with > members scattered all over the country is unable to get > enough members for a quorum together in one place at the > same time?? Would that org be unable to ever get anything > done, or would common sense prevail?
Hi Ray.
There's nothing wrong with a conference call, or an email conversation or a live online chat, to hold a meeting. But there still has to be a quorum of actual participants. You can still have proxies, but enough "actual" participants are needed to establish the quorum.
My club has 7 BoD members, scattered as you say (over two countries, in fact), and face-to-face meetings are difficult. So we conduct business online a lot, and as long as a quorum-number of people vote on an issue, we can carry motions. For membership-wide voting on issues, we often use online polling systems, rather than trying to pull the distributed membership together.
...Rick
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The by-laws must be written to allow whatever means are needed to be 'legal'. I've been a member of such an organization, and the BOD had about 15 members scattered all over the US. One method of holding a meeting, AS DEFINED BY THE BY-LAWS, was a telephone conference call.
These days, having an on-line chat session would be as good, if not better (due to cost and the ability to keep a record), than having a teleconference. BUT, that option must be specifically enumerated.
This was the case with the organization I was forming a couple of years back -- we specifically allowed on-line chat to be one method of holding a BOD meeting. But we also had to enumerate methods of whether the quorum was still valid if people 'left' the chat, etc.
David Erbas-White

Point.

So why not fixate on the positive FACTS rather than INVENTING negative SPECULATION and SLANDER?
Just asking.

Bullshit!
including death and injury?

Bullshit.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Maybe because it's neither invented nor speculation.
Jerry,
I am only trying to figure out why you are getting into SERIOUS trouble month after month, year after year for almost the last 30 years? There must be a neurological or a drug problem. No SANE person that I know of, except for serial killers and career criminals even come close to the things you have done? Jerry, I want you back in rocketry. I want you stirring the pot ... LEGALLY! The greater the number of quality producers, the better the price SHOULD be in the end for the consumer.
Now certainly, Gary didn't plan to have the fire and explosions at his plant. It was an accident. On the other hand, you bounce checks and steal supplies, services, and money CONSTANTLY from 100s of people over the last 30 years. There is a BIG difference between you and Gary.
Now I know the gripe between you and Chuck Rogers. He wrote a rocket software program and you stole it. Jerry, you are VERY capable of writing a darn decent program yourself if you just apply yourself and get back on the 'straight and narrow'.
Jerry your intelligent, far more than you have displayed over the past 30 years. Man, let the anger go! Get in touch with your spiritial self, and HEAL! We (rocket people) would rather be saying, 'Man, U.S. Rocket products are a great product and value!', instead of warning everyone to stay away from you and your products. Now think about that Jerry!
Jerry Irvine wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

All he has to do is become a legal manufacturer, just like everyone else. If he did, it's unlikely to make any significant difference in the price of motors, though. Right now there are at least four manufacturers of APCP motors competing against each other and against the many hybrid manufacturers, yet the cost of motors keeps going up.
Even when Jerry was making, selling, and shipping motors illegally his prices were not a great deal less than any other brand despite the fact that he didn't have the expense of permits, insurance and industrial-grade facilities.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Not to mention, jerry never paid any of his suppliers.
Ray,
We can only hope so ...
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Maybe not substance abuse, but Chuck deliberately lied to the NAR about TRA motor certification status in 1992.
Here's what I see as the worst of it. Jerry has a son; a nice kid really. He's smart and he's more than old enough to use a computer and read NGs. I have little doubt that he reads this one. It has got to hurt and it certainly must be damaging for a young man to read such vile things about his father. Posting trash like that is ungentlemanly and is the typical purveyance of degenerate cowards. Whether or not a man has a case against Jerry, no man should be deliberately humiliating another in front of his child.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece Talley wrote:

Speaking of Andrew, jerry has refused to take his son to the doctor for scheduled appointments for the hormone therapy he needs.
JERRY, TAKE YOU SON TO THE DOCTOR, BE A REAL FATHER.
Dave,
Actually he can't ... you see there is this restraining order thingy and it ... well you know :(
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Reece Talley wrote:

Yes, it's unfortunate that Jerry's unscroupulous actions have hurt his family.
BTW, I must have missed your posts protesting the damage to the children of the people Jerry has slandered online. Perhaps you can direct me to them.
Very good Ray. I post a reminder that we should all behave like gentlemen and rather than consider it, you point at Jerry and say "he did it too". Geez, It matters not to me whether or not it's you, Jerry or Santa Clause, uncivil behavior is uncivil behavior. In this case, the comments were way beyond the usual name calling and accusations and went to the point of out right meanness. It really has to end. Everyone has to stop or else the future of the hobby is really going to suffer. This is a forum devoted to model building and flying. That being said, so much of what gets posted here is just plain nasty, childish, and absolutely unproductive. It's not funny or clever nor is it of any social value. It represents the absolute basest of our emotional being, completely devoid of self-control and civility. Given the typical education level and I.Q. of most who participate in this hobby we should expect more of ourselves.
I've been reading and posting here since the mid to late 90s. John Cato is gone. Peter Alway rarely if ever posts here any more. I never see Sue posting here any more. Matt rarely visits. None of the Vaughn brothers are posting here. It's sad, really sad. The ratio of useful information to noise (read that character assassination) is way out of line. At least A. Paul Ling was funny. That last barrage from LunarlosREMOV was neither funny nor witty. And what did it accomplish? Zip.
So Ray, I'm not pointing my finger at you or any one really except maybe Lunarlos. I'm saddened by all of us and the level to which we have allowed this NG to decline. There's just so much petty crap being flung around by so many that it's overwhelming.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece,
So should we just let Jerry rip off more newbies out there?
Reece Talley wrote:

Not saying that at all. If one believes that one has a case against someone else and needs to warn folks, invite them off list to hear you out. Keep it private. That's the dignified and civil way to do things.
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Ok ok I stan corrected on the header issue ... still Jerry is a thief ... any disputing that? Jerry and Iz are the same person ... any dispute on that or the mosaic?
Cheers :)
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Ok ok I stand corrected on the header issue ... still Jerry is a thief ... any disputing that? Jerry and Iz are the same person ... any dispute on that or the mosaic?
Cheers :)