Ok, so U.S. Rockets [NEVER] existed? I am confused!

Mario Perdue wrote:

You are mistaken. All courts martial convictions are classified as a felony conviction. There is no such misdemeanor courts martial conviction.
W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

It's possible that I'm mistaken. It's equally possible that it is you who are mistaken. Either way it has nothing to do with rocketry so I'll leave you to your beliefs.
Mario
Mario Perdue wrote:

as per http://www.military.com/Resources/ResourcesContent/0,13964,30902--1,00.html
Legal Matters: Courts-Martial
The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) provides for three different types of courts-martial: summary, special, and general. These forms of courts-martial differ in their make-up and the punishments which may be imposed.
The Military Rules of Evidence apply to all classifications of courts-martial. Moreover, an accused must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Summary Court-Martial
A summary court-martial consists of one commissioned officer, and may try only enlisted personnel for noncapital offenses. The punishment which may be imposed depends on the grade of the accused.
In the case of enlisted members above the fourth pay grade, a summary court-martial may impose restriction for no more than two months, forfeiture of two-thirds of one month's pay, and reduction to the next inferior pay grade.
In the case of all other enlisted members, the court-martial may also impose confinement for not more than one month and may reduce the accused to the lowest pay grade, E-1.
The accused has the absolute right to refuse trial by summary court-martial. The accused does not have the right to representation by an attorney. The accused does have the right to cross-examine witnesses, to call witnesses and produce evidence, and to testify or remain silent.
Special Court-Martial
A special court-martial consists of not less than three members and a military judge, or an accused may be tried by military judge alone upon request of the accused.
A special court-martial is often characterized as a misdemeanor court, and may try all persons subject to the UCMJ, including officers and midshipmen.
A special court-martial may impose admonition, reprimand, restriction, extra duty, confinement for no more than six months, and forfeiture of two-thirds of a month's pay for six months in all cases. In addition, enlisted members may be reduced to the lowest pay grade, and receive a bad-conduct discharge.
General Court-Martial
A general court-martial consists of not less than five members and a military judge, or an accused may be tried by military judge alone upon request of the accused.
A general court-martial is often characterized as a felony court, and may try all persons subject to the UCMJ, including officers and midshipmen.
A general court-martial may adjudge any punishment not prohibited by the UCMJ, including death when specifically authorized. D C
Thanks Doug, I stand corrected. I still don't think I would like to have the federal RAP sheet with a courts-martial conviction listed. On second thought, I don't think I want a federal RAP sheet at all..(:-)
Fred
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

Yeah, I don't like that kind of music either...
David Erbas-White
Thanks for re-stating what I posted in my original message. I was pretty sure of my understanding on this, but it's nice to see a cite that confirms it.
Mario
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote: > as per

I should have been clearer: the person in question was tried and convicted, and dishonorably discharged.

Fair enough, then. And I apologize for being terse and saying that was dumb; I was feeling really grouchy last night and the a**hole in me was in full battle regalia.
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

(Snip for brevity's sake)
That's too bad. Can't say I've even seen an arrogant modeler yet. Times have changed. That attitude may have evolved because high-power was considered outlaw at the time? I wasn't there so I couldn't say. NAR was at odds, Tripoli formed and it seemed that so many people worked on HPR, made it safe and acceptable. Sort of becoming "respectable". :)
I asked Jerry some modeling questions early on when I started a year ago and he gave me some good solid advice about dual-deployment conversion of one of his models. I agree he is very intelligent and was very nice to me in his emails. Have two of his models on my shelf I want to get to building this winter. I am in Illinois so we have a "building season" that comes after fall. :)
Coming from the medical field I hope the situation would be a substance abuse problem as that has a much greater success at being treated if one desires help Street drugs could aggravate some personality tendencies. For instance, if one is a bit of a cautious person and began using cocaine, they could develop a severe paranoia. Heck some paranoia may happen even if they were "normal" before abusing. If they are schizophrenic, abuse cocaine, they become a "flaming" schizophrenic and really hallucinate with all that dopamine floating around.
I remember a person who mildly was using heroin (it's h-e-r-o-i-n not herion or heroine :) ) Turns out they were using the heroin to alleviate the schizophrenia symptoms! Now this person was mildly schizophrenic and was employed at a government agency no less. Once this person was placed on the appropriate medication for the mental illness, the desire to use heroin went away and life became really good for them. Wished substance abuse was this simple.
A true Sociopath is extremely hard to treat any way you look at it and I hope that is not the case here.
The Anikin Skywalker analogy seemed fitting for your hypothesis.
Kurt Savegnago
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

Why must there be some addiction or disorder to excuse his behavior? One need not be on drugs or mentally ill to be an egotistical, unscroupulous liar and fraud.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

That is true Ray. The way it is presented, it appears things started out O.K early on and then a bunch of weird stuff started happening. I wasn't there in the beginning so I don't know. Could be just a personality trait. If I was trying to start a rocketry business, I'd try to be scrupulously honest and if I couldn't deliver, try to make things right and then bow out. As it stands, I think Jerry has a lot of rocketry knowledge and he shared a little bit with me that was good information. I don't wish ill of anyone here. (Might feel different if someone owed me money.) :) BTW, liked your camera book and thanks for the fin advice. Perhaps there was some flexion when the ship touched down that caused the paint to fracture in two of the fins. I'm philosophical about it. If I make the cert attempt in the waning weeks of the season here and am not successful, I have the winter to build another rocket. If I am successful, I still have the winter to build another rocket! :)
Kurt Savegnago
Kurt Savegnago
Nice thread...
So, any of you old ass clowns still fly rockets, or do you just whine like a bunch of schoolgirls on rmr?

Appears you are making an application to join?? (:-)
Mark W wrote:

Hey Mark,
Check out rocketryforum.com ... its 'Jerry Free' and there is ALOT of VALUABLE information at this website. RMR is just a place to crap in ... nothing more ... nothing less ... you can thank Jerry for this ;)
... and hey ... who you calling 'old'?! If you were born before the outbreak of WWII ... you are OLD :)
Eh, I check in here from time to time just to see whats going on. Too much high school fan bois and haters drama. Again.
PS, FWIW When I usually see the typical Jerry slap fest here, its usually somone going out of their way to poke Jerry in the eye first, and he responding back with an oblique one line drive by. Same as it ever was.
PPS If your going to try and bait Irvine into yet another 'you suck, why aren't you better' thread, you should at least have the balls to post under your own name, before you chide him for not answering your 'questions'. Imbues a minimum amount of credibility into your analysis.
Oh well, same time next year...
Mark

I see you are still filling out that application to join in the fun..