[OT POL] Does this bother anyone else?

The ham sandwich was an urban legend. Official sources list her death as a heart attack, pure and simple. This was explored in some detail in her recent bio on the Biography Channel.

Reply to
Larry Smith

Or even small bombings in half a dozen polling places on the east coast, scaring off voters across the rest of the country.

But I'm sure the administrations biggest fear is an attack a few days before the elction, having results similar to the Madrid Spain subway bombing: a change of administration.

I don't think the terrorists understand that it doesn't matter WHO is in power in the USA. You attack us, and we're going to blow you off the face of te planet.

Bob Kaplow

to your subject: no this does not bother me.

I plan to continue to fly rockets, and I doubt that there is anything that anyother person can do to stop me from enjoying such hobby. now there are some people who question how every little thing may affect the hobby, but I prefer not to have them as role model, nor do I emulate them for a role model to others.

If you are confident and allow it to show. and state that you are doing something you love, others (should) respect you for it, and hope to follow you as a role model, mainly to emulate the confidence you have, and to share in the pride that you cannot stop from showing.

as soon as we all start doing that, the less power of fear, uncertainty, and doubt will be spread about our hobby.

quite whining, keep flying!

Reply to
Tater Schuld

I saw that too.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Almost as many that hate and fear Kerry. Now that we've stuck our tongues out at each other, perhaps we can get back to rockets! ;-)

Reply to
me

Gotta agree with that. With 2 kids in the military, it scares the heck out of me that he might become president. All we need is the premeire liberalist in the White House. If he wins he'll change the name to Waffle House for sure.

to rockets! ;-)

Maybe. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

I'm not a Kerry lover but, with the economy as it is & after Bush started a war based on non existent WMDs, I know I'm not voting for him. You can talk about how he MIGHT have gotten bad intelligence but I think there is an appearence he wanted to go fight Iraq no matter what.

I don't see why someone would favor Bush based on having kids in the military. All he did was hide out in the Coast Guard.

Reply to
Phil Stein

That's AIR Guard.

We already had one President who hid in Europe, what's wrong with hiding in Alabama?

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Yeah, it didn't take long and I'm glad to see Mr. Soaries making such a comment.

"I can't conceive of any circumstances under which a presidential election could be postponed or canceled,"

-- DeForest Soaries

I would hope it to be the sentiment of all Americans.

Reply to
Gary

I'll look into this & reconsider.

Reply to
Phil Stein

They had bad intelligence because they wanted the CIA was out of the loop. Hans Blix and Mohammed El Baradei received obviously forged documents from the Bush admin. about the Niger uranium et al. because the CIA Wasn't involved. There are many people in the CIA who know what they are doing. If the documents had been vetted by CIA analysts they would have been identified as forgeries and not given to Blix. If the CIA had made them, they would have been better forgeries. There was no upside to giving obviously forged documents to the UN, which means it was done by a group of amateurs. Seeing as how there was also no militarily relevant level of chemical weapons in Iraq, what this tells me is that the group of people making decisions and policy (Rumsfeld, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bush(?), etc.) have been pursuing an agenda and have ignored the available intelligence. Congress derelicted their duty as well. Now there is a campaign to lay blame with the CIA for these "intelligence failures". Well IMHO the intelligence failure lies with anyone who believes it was just the CIA's fault. This administration has shown that they can't be trusted and they deserve to be shown the door, along with most of Congress. Unfortunately, I have no confidence that Kerry would do any better - though that incident with the Viet Cong he chased down with his boat shows he has some balls if cornered.

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

On second thought you may be right. They freed our embasy hostages within hours of Reagan's innauguration.

Bob Kaplow

Of course they did. Reagen had been bargaining with them via his boy Ollie North to hold the hostages.

Larry

Reply to
AkaZilla

Gary wrote in news:Gc3Jc.69453$JR4.35801@attbi_s54:

Jay Leno suggested it be moved AHEAD in time,that would throw a wrench in their plan.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Hold the election next Tuesday. Then we won't have to suffer through almost

4 months of campaign and all the ads that turn out to be lies after the first of the year.

"I'm Bob Kaplow and I approved this message" NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD" >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

If you think he wouldn't have done whatever was needed, you need to think again. Reagan was going to end it one way or another and I don't mean a C130 and a few helo's either. Ask Kadafy Duck.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Gary wrote: ...

I am glad to hear you say this.

how do you feel about electronic voting machines, with their un-auditable and untestable software and un-auditable tallys and unverifyable action?

this year's election is going to be a sham.

Reply to
Cliff Sojourner

Here in Texas they are talking about adding an audit capability to the electronic voting machines, a printed log. I find that a bit funny but its probably a good way to get over some of the fears people have.

Just wait until we get Internet voting!

Reply to
Alex Mericas

Well, we've seen mechanical voting machine irregularities as well as physical ballot counting irregularities in the past. Recounts seem to provide slightly different results each time. No tool or method is beyond tampering or error.

Your assertions as to the inherent faults of electronic voting machines do not even provide prima facia grounds for your conclusion as each one seems easily addressable. I mean, almost the entire western world economy, for instance, is based upon secure, auditable, verifiable, and testable electronic transaction systems. The technology is certainly up to the task for each of your concerns. The question is whether the actual system implementation meets your requirements or not.

Personally, I have no qualms at all with electronic voting, given that the system is engineered to perform that function. Abuses of the system will be caused by people, not inherent technology shortcomings. But any system or tool is subject to that. Its your faith in those who operate it, not the tool itself, which is the real concern, IMHO.

Reply to
Gary

It's a throwback to the mechanical machines I remember when I was a kid, or my first few times voting. Back in 1960 Mayor for life Daley the First had all the Chicago machines pre-loaded with enough votes to win the election for JFK. Nixon never forgot this, thus Watergate.

He who casts the vote decides nothing. He who counts the vote decides everything. -- Joseph Stalin.

Bob Kaplow