OT: What Kind of SF Writer are You?

Take the quiz.

According to this, I'm like Arthur C. Clarke. I can accapt that.

"In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our rise; in loyalty to our kind, we cannot tolerate their obstruction." John Wyndham - The Chrysalids

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

I'm Heinlein.

Wow.

I'm impressed...

David Erbas-White

The Rocket Scientist wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I am humbled to be compared with R.A.H. An honor.

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
nitram578

Okay I did it.

Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is that supposed to make me feel better???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

No!

Didn't he write a character that regularly slept/sexed with his own daughter(s)?

I want a recount.

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

To many questions that have ZERO to do with the wrtting of Sci-Fi. I do a little myself.

"The Rocket Scientist" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Starlord

Hmmmph.... Compares me to William Gibson. Interesting.

Kevin OClassen

Reply to
Kevin OClassen

Only one? I can recall several.

And didn't Lazarus Long have a tryst with his mother?

Bill Sullivan

"In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our rise; in loyalty to our kind, we cannot tolerate their obstruction." John Wyndham - The Chrysalids

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Farnham's Freehold

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

That's the one I was thinking about. Lazarus Long.

I am glad the whole point of the survey was just to do a "personality profile" and not a "political profile".

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

For a political profile, try this.

Bill Sullivan

"In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our rise; in loyalty to our kind, we cannot tolerate their obstruction." John Wyndham - The Chrysalids

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Me too. And I've got the rejection slips to prove it.

I once had the privelege of asking Isaac Asimov his advice for a hopeful young SF writer. (This was a looooooong time ago, when my hair was still brown.) He advised me not to quit my job. Wise man, eh?

Bill Sullivan

"In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our rise; in loyalty to our kind, we cannot tolerate their obstruction." John Wyndham - The Chrysalids

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Alfred Bester. Have no idea who that is. I guess I should read more.

Al

Reply to
Alan Tuskes

Apparently, I am like Hal Clement (Harry C. Stubbs). I don't remember reading any of his works, so I'll have to look for them.

- Rick "I wonder what the answer pool size is" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Wow. I'm "56% Republican". Doesn't a nice, specific number like that make you trust it? I mean, it just sounds so *accurate* and everything.

- Rick "Presicely" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

I'm Stanislav Lem.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

47% republican, but don't worry, I don't get to vote.

"Congratulations, you're a swing voter. When they say "Soccer Mom", they mean you. Every Democratic ad on the TV set was made just for your viewing enjoyment. Don't you feel special?"

Eew, I'm a soccer mom!

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Me too.

Me too.

Mario Perdue NAR #22012 Sr. L2 for email drop the planet

"X-ray-Delta-One, this is Mission Control, two-one-five-six, transmission concluded."

Reply to
Mario Perdue

Me 2.

Bob Kaplow