Paint compatibility question

Has anyone got any experience with using Testors ModelMasters (silver) on top of Krylon Enamel (red)?

Other color experiences welcome, I guess my general question is Testors on Krylon...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Model Master over Krylon should be ok, but not visa-versa. But I would do a test patch first just to make sure.

Dan Winings snipped-for-privacy@novaar.org

Reply to
Spaceman Spiff

From my experience, Krylon is more tolerant of mixing paints than other brands. However, I'd test it first. Get a chunk of cardboard from a cereal box, spray on your Krylon, (on the shiny side of the cardboard) then Testors and see what happens.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

FYI-Krylon and Rustoleum do NOT work together. Orange peel from hell.

-Booms

Reply to
Booms

I heard that Krylons are actually lacquer so as long as you use them with another lacquer such as Rustoleum Lacquer (not enamel) you should be fine. I used to do it all the time. I think all testors are enamel therefore I dont recommend it cause it takes forever to dry hard, have screwed up drying window, and if you dont follow the window it wrinkles. Lacquer is the best thing short of automotive catalized urethane.

Bit expensive, yes but I mean, its better than 3 weeks of frustration cause the thing keeps wrinkleing (Wal Mart spray paint comes to mind)

Reply to
tai fu