Tango Papa decal question

I've lost the instructions that accompanied my Tango Papa decal sheet, does anyone here know if Krylon Acrylic "Crystal Clear" is compatible with these decals?

Reply to
BB

I've found Testors clearcoat worked well for me.

-- Scott Schuckert

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Always a wiseass out there somewhere... To be specific, my usual color coat ON ROCKETS is Krylon, and I often use Krylon clearcoat if the rocket has commercial decals. However, the Krylon clear does affect inkjet and some self-stick decals. In that case I fall back on Testors, even if it IS outrageously expensive.

Oh, one other reason I try to avoid the Testors - it DOES irritate my skin. Just the suspended droplets from the spray give me a rash.

-- Scott Schuckert

Reply to
Scott Schuckert

Thanks J.A., Scott, David - looks like Testor's it is! I have thought about experimenting with airbrushing polycrylic too but for this project I want to stick with something I know.

I've noticed a little yellowing when using Testor's before, but that's a whole lot better than crinkley decals.

Reply to
BB

The yellowing isn't too bad at first, but if it's on something you plan to put in the "BB Museum of Rocketry", it really shows up about

15 years down the road.

(from the owner of an oddly discolored 1:1.8 Super Loki Dart)

Jeff Vincent - Rocket Cynic(Tm) (comes from reading RMR for 9+ years)

Reply to
Jeff Vincent

Reply to
Gene Costanza