Parking fee

If anyone is going to be at the mojave airport monday to view Spaceship 1's flight, their going to hit you for a $10 parking fee at the one open gate, the barstow hwy 58 gate.

gate opens at 3am

Reply to
Starlord

I think there will be so many people that most of them will end up parking by the side of the road and watching from wherever they are, like with the first Project Mercury flights.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

What is the radio station number for the coverage?

CA City is looking pretty good now, eh?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

104.9 FM
Reply to
Roger Ivie

Don't know about any radio station, and am not sure what the side of the road is like, now that it's a freeway they may not allow parking on the side of the road. And I do belive they have to turn away of calcity before getting over it.

Reply to
Starlord

Thx.

Pizza in CA City after the flight?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Is any sort of national coverage planned?

Reply to
Kurt Weber

Jerry, I must have been on drugs the last week. What's happening out near the Mojave airport on Monday?

Reply to
Reece Talley

Burt Rutan's company is flying SpaceShipOne on its first scheduled "spaceflight". To "over 62 miles".

He hopes.

The pilot's name will be announced Monday morning.

Over 250,000 estimated to be in attendance.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

They hope the networks news sends someone out, but as of yesterday no word from them.

Reply to
Starlord

If the crowd predictions turn out to be realistic, that will be newsworthy in itself!

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Except that the bit that's freeway isn't the bit that goes into town. They added a hyperspace bypass.

I always do it the 14 way (since I live in Ridgecrest), so I'm not sure precisely what the road through town that used to be 58 is now called; I think it's the "58 business loop" or somesuch.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

Not for me. I've got nephews visiting and a wife who got her annual free pizza certificate for her birthday from that place on the corner of 14 and what used to be 58 (Grazianos?) last week.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

Not for me. I've got nephews visiting and a wife who got her annual free pizza certificate for her birthday from that place on the corner of 14 and what used to be 58 (Grazianos?) last week.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

I realized the point I was trying to make didn't survive this post.

I don't know what the view of the airport from the 58 hyperspace bypass is, since I don't go that way, but 14 is the road I would pick for a roadstop stop anyway and it hasn't changed.

Reply to
Roger Ivie

and no NAR or TRA Demo launches for those 250,000 people and a national (international) audience of perhaps millions......can you say "product placement" ?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

I can say product placement. I can also say when are you going to either stop bitching about what YOU THINK volunteers in these organizations should do or get off your ass & do something that makes a difference.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Never?

Reply to