PIGS IN SPACE

OK, actually shredded pork in space. But that's "pig".

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Anybody remember "The Mouse on the Moon?" The astronauts of Grand Fenwick took live chickens with them. That way they had fresh eggs on the way up and fresh chicken on the way back.

Bill Sullivan

Reply to
The Rocket Scientist

Hmmm... Who else thinks a Cha Shu Bao looks like a Shenzhou/Soyuz capsule???? Or was that a Soy Sauce capsule???

-Fred "somebody stop me" Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I actually just picked up a copy on DVD and haven't watched it yet. I loved Peter Sellers in the original "Mouse That Roared", too bad he isn't in the sequel...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

It's a good thing the flight is only one orbit, cause they're gonna be hungry an hour after they eat their meals! Art T South Jersey Area Rocketry Society NAR# 34201 L1

Reply to
SirWmOsler

Ooooh, the crew of the spaceship "Swinepork" isn't going to like this one bit......

Reply to
BB

No but I bet Kurt does!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Hmmm. Fresh chicken.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

I thought it was the Swinetrek, and one of the crew is Dr. Strangepork.

Memory is a funny thing. I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday, but I still remember my locker combination from Jr. high.

John

Reply to
John Stein

From the "Swine Trek Compendium, 3rd edition":

Ship Registry Name Class NPORK 1701 Swinetrek Battle Cruiser NPORK 1701-A Swinepork Galaxy Class Cruiser

"Following the near-destruction of the Swinetrek by the Bork at the battle of Wolf-blowyourhousedown-359, completion of the Galaxy-class cruiser NPORK A1/57 was accelerated, she was renamed ''Swinepork', and assigned the official registry number NPORK 1701-A. The crew of the Swinetrek was reassigned to the Swinepork. The Swinetrek, too damaged to return to battle-worthy status, was refitted with minimal life support capability and ended her days as a garbage sow".

Reply to
BB

Yeah, me too.

That would have been 1968-69 for me. I don't remember mine but my wife does and we shared the same locker, so does that count?

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Darn, I thought that someone finally succeeded in launching Jerry I into space! Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Wait... I thought the mainland Chinese eats CATS!!! (which some say how SARS started...)

Reply to
tai fu

Some do. Same in the States. I pretty much consider all Chinese food cat and stay away from it. Being Cherokee, I tend to prefer dog. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

um, do they *really* eat cats? I ask this in all sincerity as I know for a fact they used to eat shar-pei's(currently shar-pei's are illegal in China)

Personally I think it's barbaric and damn near canibilistic(psychologicaly speaking; think 4 legged loved ones). But then again, I'm North American. I think nothing of devouring a cow :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
moonglow

So do many Chinese, Sharpei dogs to be more specific. One of the reasons for their near extinction was the fact that many were eaten. Definitely gives new meaning to the term "Dog food". :-)

Mark Simpson

You are correct sir.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
moonglow

Ted,

Just go into an open air butcher's market in any village in most countries and look for the long tailed rabbits.

I've lived in six countries counting the USA and three of them considered cats and dogs a regular item in the market. Not so much in the big cities, but very definitely in the villages. Just reset your viewpoint to having an annual income of $200 for a family of 6 or 8 and try to think of something you won't put in the food bowl (you can't afford a table or individual bowls).

Bob Ellis

Reply to
Bob n Robin

Bob,

Let me rephrase.... I'm a spoiled North American :)

My point is that me being a North American my/some culture views cats/dogs/wabbits(got one of them too) as friends/family.

I can't remember where but I'm fairly certain there's a culture(India?) out there that actually worships cows. I bet they think we're total heathens for our treatment of cows as just cattle.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Bob n Rob> Ted,

Reply to
moonglow

Well, asside from the pet problem, what is the relative desirability or palatability of the various meats: cat, dog, horse, possum and other "US game meats"?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones