PIGS IN SPACE

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Yick. Geez Roy, I shot two, and trapped a third this summer after they utterly decimated my vegetable garden. They're worse than the frickin' deer. If I woulda known, I could have dressed one or two, packed them in dry ice and shipped 'em to ya!

Groundhogs are Mother Nature's tools for clearcutting any, and all vegetation. Evil! EEEEEvilll!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

Where do you live? Their range extends down to northern Ga.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

And all this time, I thought that they were nature's speedbumps. >;-)

Mark Simpson NAR 71503 Level II Gof Bless our peacekeepers

Reply to
Mark Simpson

snipped-for-privacy@weinerboy.org wrote: [re: groundhogs]

Except the deer would probably taste better.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

South central Alabama........I have seen a few up in North Alabama, but none below Birmingham AFAIK.

Bet if you ever ate groundhog, you would spend more time hog hunt>===>===> This is true. A fresh caught oppossum is eating fare, but one captured

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

I fly my Groundhogs.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

-- ""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.

Reply to
Fred Shecter

Groundhogs are mowing machines for little soybeans. One adult groundhog can chew up about a half-acre of soybeans, just as they sprout. Well worth a trip to the bean field with a high-velocity varmint rifle like a .222. [Also great fun to see what happens to Mr. Groundhog when he gets hit with a 3500-fps soft nose slug.]

That too. I've run over a few in my time. Always on purpose.

Reply to
Mark Johnson

Yes I have ONLY flown groundhogs too. Many in fact.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Naaaahhhh...everyone knows that's armadillos, a.k.a. "Texas Speedbumps".

They have a great survival method...when startled they jump straight up, about 3 feet. Which usually mashes them right into your grill, right between the headlights .

Reply to
Anonymous

Anti-Personnel Armadillos? LOL!

Reply to
BB

Nah. Blackpowder. St. Louis Hawkin, .50 caliber maxi-ball (400 grain), 125 grain BP charge. 3500 fps is cool, but sometimes sheer mass is pretty effective too! The ones I popped here on my property (since I live in the Village, no firearm discharge) were clandestinely handled with a Gamo 1000 fps target air-gun and Beeman Silver Arrow conical pellets. First shot at reasonably close range is debilitating, second shot, um, well, is extremely close range, and finishes the job.

It's was rodent hell this summer around these parts. In addition to the Whistle Pigs, we've had so many excess squirrels this year they've eaten all the black walnuts, and were even into the apples, and peaches which is something I've never seen before. At any one time, I can walk out into my side yard ('bout 1/3 acre) and see 10 of them simultaneously. I'm hoping for an extremely cold winter, so Mother Nature will have a chance to starve off about half of them.

I've always been amazed at how much the ones I see by the roadside "inflate" in the summer...

Like little organic blimps..

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

He'd know. ; )

Randy

Reply to
Randy

kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org:

You've obviously not tasted amberjack, kingfish (wahoo, ono), or barricuda.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Roy) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.east.earthlink.net:

Not to be confused with hedgehogs.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

Seafood, not fish. There's only 4 fish I eat. But I've yet to encounter a seafood I don't eat.

Bob Kaplow

People eat swing wing gliders?

Bob Kaplow

Or sweathogs.