(PR) New "econo" hybrid launch system from Pratt Hobbies

80's flashback.....

Devo: If a problem comes along, you must whip it! Dazz Band: Let it whip, whip it baby, whip it right, whip it all night...

Followed by...

Gap Band: You dropped a bomb on me!

; )

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

"Whippets are small canisters of (N2O) nitrous oxide. The "whippet" cartridges look like standard CO2 cartridges, and are used to charge commercial cream whippers. When used not for it's intended purpose as in this reference, the gas is released from the canister into a balloon with a 'cracker' and then inhaled."

Anyone happen to know what sort of pressure the N20 is stored at in those cartridges?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

As long as it's certified so I can fly it at NAR launches, I'm interested.

Bob Kaplow

NAR or TRA certified?

Bob Kaplow

Pressure inside the charger is about 65 bar at room temperature. Mark McGill iSi North America Executive Chef/ Web Master Mark snipped-for-privacy@MSN.com

Customer Information Center Toll free number 1 800-447-2426 Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST

"Niall Oswald" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@bath.ac.uk...

Reply to
michel

Don't think so...

Reply to
Niall Oswald

Wow, didn't expect it to be so high. That's quite impressive, I can see why they're appealing for small hybrids. Are they available in any larger sizes?

Reply to
Niall Oswald

cartridge.

Bingo. Pratt Hobbies plans to offer the Deepsky Afterburner to the American market. I got some to test last week. Impressive and sophisticated.

pratthobbies

That's phunnie!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Why, BP is mostly available in most free states, mostly.

Pyro actuators work well and are time proven, even in professional sounding rockets.

Doug has Pyrodex canisters for those that have hardships in BP acquisition..

Reply to
AlMax

cert

"I hear by bless this motor in the name of TMT..." I think that will be happening real quick here Bob for those motors.

these are great fun , loads of fun and probably never will be certified.

Reply to
AlMax

Bob, NAR launches are fun, and some are even competitive.

However,

You need to get out sometime and try a few non NAR launches and expand your horizions.

Reply to
AlMax