Re: 20mm ammo can as a type IV magazine?

Abd cheaper still to COMPLY with the LAW.

27 CFR 555.141-a-8

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

yes, of course

I was assuming Bob had a magazine to store non-exempt low explosives

doesn't AP used in EX motors qualify?

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

:)

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

NO!!!

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

So YOU are suggesting that he build his magazine based on the current rules because there is a chance they won't up the shackle requirement? And if they DO change the requirement {in a few months} he's supposed to toss 2 locks and perhaps have to grind off the hasps and weld new ones on?

Joel. phx

If you read through previous rule makings, you'll see the ATF has written what they will enforce, and provide a "because we don't feel that's safe" response to the comments. I'm too tired to look at the link, but I think it was on the regulations page. Explosive manufactures making comments on the "proposed" regulations and the response? "nope, we don't see it that way,..."

I'll put money on 1/2" anyone in?

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Or simply begin following 27 CFR 555.141-a-8 which is NOT up for change.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Definitely NOT!

To wit:

From 27 CFR 55.11, "Propellant Actuated Device. Any tool or special mechanized device or gas generator system which is actuated by a propellant or which releases and directs work through a propellant charge."

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

BATFE List of Explosive Materials, 4/26/02 rev.

while "Ammonium perchlorate explosive mixtures" is listed, AP is not

I expect the former is formulations that include actual explosive material, as might be used in the military

- iz

Jerry Irv> >

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Maybe that's the problem. We need ATF agents who haven't been taught that there are "no absolutes" and that even the simplest law can be "reinterpreted" to mean whatever they want it to mean.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Glad to see some people can be just as wrong as others. AP is not a PAD. It is an oxidizer, not an explosive (or propellant for that matter), and not on the Explosive's List.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to locate the ATF explosives list and examine it in it's entirety for "AP".

Joel. phx

Would a single on-topic post be too much to ask. Thought so.

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Reply to
David Weinshenker

It would be much cheaper to get the damn JBGTs off our case permanently. I'll give that cash to the legal fund before I spend another dime complying with illegal regs...

Bob Kaplow

That's certainly up to the individual, but they are trying to enforce TODAY what is only a PROPOSED regulation for a year from now. That is ILLEGAL. JBGTs illegally enforcing non-laws is extortion and racketeering, and they should be charged, tried, convicted and jailed for their crimes.

Bob Kaplow

It is common here on rmr for people to refer to APCP as AP and thus that particular reference was NOT literal. I should have put AP[CP]. I stand corrected BY YOU.

However AP is itself an oxidizer and not an explosive and is also NOT regulated by ATF.

So whether he meant AP or APCP it is not regulated by ATF using two different cites to exclude them.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So people like you can troll incessantly in pure freedom.

Jerry

"I've been following this thread (like a dog returning to its vomit) for only god knows what reason. Personally, I think it's pointless but what the hell - this is usenet, right?"

- Bob Fortune

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yes Joel Corwith certainly IS.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed wrote in news:qOKHb.60749$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyc.rr.com:

Actually, this is incorrect. The explosives regs state that even if a material is not regulated (e.g., BP for antique firearms), it must be stored in accordance with the storage regulations.

However, since there are no reporting requirements for unregulated materials, there's no way for the ATF to inspect storage of BP, so in reality, I'm sure it's stored in many inappropriate places.

Reply to
David W.

I did end up getting my LEUP with storage in an attached garage..it was a long and drawn out ordeal..My agent is also my buddies agent.she required him to have a "permanent built in Type 4" like mine..(which I made for him)...for his last inspection our agents supervisor came out. She did not like the magazine being permanent! She had him make it portable..ie un bolt it from the floor..so yes the orange book is open to interpretation by each and every agent or person that reads it. So best advise is to ask what your current agent what they will allow..

Tony Alcocer

Reply to
Tony Alcocer

Even better advise from Jerry.

Educate them on the most liberal (literal) possible reading of the law then follow THAT. TO THE LETTER.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine