Re: 20mm ammo can as a type IV magazine?

I don't know why Agents are interpreting anything anyway. Only Judges can interpretate correct ? Or did that change sometime when everything went PC ?(instead of MAC ?)

They should only be able to look in the orange book and do only what is cited. Anything else, and we need to do something.

I know a few gun store owners and I have yet to hear of one that had his regulations interpreted to be something other then what they are supposed to be as writen.

I have read about however, small stores being harrassed, and they have responded by citing the law and standing ground. Yes, they got a lawyer and yes they got resolved. Most of those are reported in journals covering a different hobby.

Reply to
AlMax714

not that I can see, David

first note the exemption applies to all but the explicitly excluded subsections:

18USC40.845(a)

"Except in the case of subsections [1] (l), (m), (n), or (o) of section

842 and subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), (h), and (i) of section 844 of this title, this chapter shall not apply to:

(5) commercially manufactured black powder in quantities not to exceed fifty pounds ..."

the storage requirement I believe you are referring to is as follows. Note that as it is not among the subsections explicitly excluded from the exemption, the exemption applies to this subsection

18USC50.842(j)

"It shall be unlawful for any person to store any explosive material in a manner not in conformity with regulations promulgated by the Secretary ..."